My New Mantra

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Martina
    Participant

I read this in a magazine last week and having just entered the Teenagers Bedroom….. I’m trying to believe it as I repeat it over and over….

"The emptiness of a teenagers room who has moved out is much worse than facing the mess of a teenagers room when they are still living in it."

Please God make me believe it!

Jedt
    Keymaster

our 7 year old’s room has become an absolute tip lately, its driving me nuts…..does this get worse as he hits his teens???? that will torment me!

guess it would be sad when they’re gone, who will we shout up the stairs to ‘bring down your dirty washing!!!’ don’t think the hubby would like that?

Martina
    Participant

From what I gather with my friends, the boys aren’t as bad as the girls….

The dirty washing will always arrive, its a handy way to get rid of it off the floor, the chair, the dressingtable….. now whether its dirty or not is another thing. I found a shirt in the wash on saturday that was ironed on monday or tuesday and never worn in-between….. that means it was flung in a ball and then she didn’t know whether it was clean or not…. if in doubt throw it in the basket!

My 2011 Resolution was not to clean the room, I’ll make the bed when she’s at school and take down dirty washing if the room is respectable and I can tell what is and isn’t.

But if its a tip, she can make the bed herself, I’m not breaking my neck to try and get over to it! I’m told its the only way she’ll learn…. so far not seeing it.

Jedt
    Keymaster

The problem is, their dirty rooms bother us way more than it does them….I think they would happily live in the mess, its only because we nag they do anything about it, otherwise they would never make an effort to clean it up!!

So sparklycake – how are you coping with this new resolution, have you gone mad yet looking at the mess and not jumping in to clean it??? its hard isn’t it. I swear I am not going to clean up their mess but sometimes it bugs me so much I cave in….

Martina
    Participant

I nearly caved yesterday…. but I keep reminding myself she’s TY this year so she hasn’t even any music…. NO, if I have to buy her a ladder to get in and out across the piles of stuff….. I’m determined, and I’m very stubborn so chances are the more annoyed I get looking at it the less chance there is I’ll do it for her!

Fabienne

If you need adress of a shop to buy ladder, just ask and mt members will post it 😆 😆 😆

I can laugh because I have still few years ahead of me before my dd reach that stage.

Good luck,

Fabienne

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.