My ickle boy needs surgery :(

Home Forums National Chat My ickle boy needs surgery :(

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Ah yummy I feel for you, dont have a clue what to tell him…. did the doctors not give you advice on this? Could you ring Dr Sharrif (sp) clinic and ask to speak to one of the nurses, you dont want to tell him too much as it might scare him…. just enough info that he will understand what is going on.

I was OLOL today with Max getting his mri scan and 15 bloods, well turned out to be 17 bloods god love him it took 15mins to get the bloods and they had to use both hands, his feet and then his left arm after the labs rang and said not enought blood in one of the tests!! Please God all come back clear

munchin
    Participant

oh Taylor poor Max hope all ok – keep us posted

yummymummy

Aw taylor thats terrible, poor child being used as a pin cushion!! Hope he ok today!

We had a little chat yest, just told him the basics that they were going to fix his testicle, ad mentioned about geting the skin of the willy and he winced, i hugged him and said it will be ok , ill be there and so will daddy, told him when we get the date me and his dad will sit him down and answer any questions he has, but i think ill be printing off fabiennes post there 🙂

Hopefully appt wont be too long now as we werent long getting the appt with el sharrif ( sorry to say but its who you know, my mam isa nurse and my cousin works at the appointment desk, so we were only waiting 3 weeks in between seeing dr gormally and el sharif)

Taylor5

Yummy I was the same with my MRI only 1.5 weeks waiting, the girl said the Doctor took a shine to Max and wanted him seen asap.
    I’ve been told he has a condition called hypotonic (low muscle tone in his neck and arms) I knew he was like this but now I have a name, the tests were to see if they can find a reason for the hypotonia…. it could be cerebal palsy, prada willi syndrome, Shaken baby syndrome (but thats can be ruled out in this case)
    He is getting physio and the doctor is getting reports sent to her, we only go once a month but she said it might have to be more frequent then that.
    She (Dr Gormely) is also sending him to a specilist clinic in Dublin to see if they can find a reason why the is deaf (only in the right ear)

God Alex didnt have as much as a cold until about 18 months, Max on the other hand its been all go!!!! I was just looking into his huge blue eyes and no matter what he is perfect to me

Yummy J will be fine, thank….. God the weather for you big day is terrible, where is the summer????

My son suffered with many infections on his willy and he had a circumcision just before christmas. He is 9 years old. We were on the waiting list for a while and eventually got called under the patient trust fund for his operation which took place in the Beacon Hospital in Sandyford. I explained that his willy had been very sore with infections and that to make this go away the doctor would take away the bad skin. At this age they don’t know they look different from other boys. I have to say it was a really neat job and he hasn’t looked back since. The hospital explained what was going to happen to him and showed him all the machines in use i.e. they put on the sticky things on his chest and showed him the monitor that kept and eye on his heart and then they put on the thing on his finger and showed him which machine worked for that. Then they showed him the mask that would be used to put him to sleep and told him when he was ready to start counting to 10 (the mask was near his face not on it). He told me afterwards that he got to ten but doesn’t remember hitting 11. After the operation he was a bit sore but what was good to do when he got home was to allow him to wear a really big tee shirt belonging to me on him with no underwear on as he was more comfortable without them on. He just had to have nurofen or calpol for pain. It took about a week for him to recover. hope this is helpful.

Fabienne

Taylor of course your boys are perfect.
    And that’s a mum job to worry and find her kids the best. That’s love, and all kids are perfect.
    How do you cope with not knowing what affection he’s suffering from and all the tests and the physio and all?

My son was quite sick this winter for 2 weeks, barely made it myself, kept crying, couldn’t stay in the room while trying to get blood from arm then hand then foot…. He was brave and in great form since.
    The nurses sent me away from him few times, a good thing as not helping him to see me cry before his major surgery….
    And it was for only 2 weeks…

Hope you’re better than me, not showing your concern to Max.

Still don’t understand how it’s impossible for them to get blood from child straight away. They have staff in hospital able to do it (I know) but they’re not the one doing it.

Hope you’re doing and coping well.

Love,
    Fabienne

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.