My daughter was nearly killed my nerves!!!

Home Forums National Chat My daughter was nearly killed my nerves!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Happymammy

Hi girls

Ive just dropped my daughter at the little playschool in Duleek with our babysitter for an hour. Just as i dropped her off a big lorry with them big steel gurders went flyn by with one hanging off the side!! It was banging along the ground wacking everything in its path! Only i reversed the car and the babysitter ran out into the road we would have been creamed! Im so shaken up now! If anyone had of been coming up (and it was the school hour) threw the little walkway on the hump bridge they would have all been killed because there is nowhere for them to run for cover!
    A women with a pram was just about to cross over a second later that pram would have been mangled!
    Jesus the fright near sent me into labour! Also lucky there was no cars coming the other side of the road or else they would have been knocked down! You nener know do you, one minute your dropping your child off at the swings and the next out of now where they can be taken from you!

I wont be the better of that one for a long time! :roll:

Gismo

Oh happy you poor poor thing…have some sweet tea mrs you must have got such a bad shock..is there somebody with you…you will have to take it easy for the rest of the evening. How is dd did she get a fright too?

That is unbelievable…did the truck stop?

Happymammy

Iactually drove up the road and pulled in to just figure out what had just happened, the babysitter went on into the swings with my daughter they where find, she actually had two kids with her my daughters little friend, one in each hand, i turned the car around and drove up beside the driver and let a roar at him he is lucky i couldnt get out of the car in a hurry because of the bump or he would have gotten a dig from me! Im so angry now. I wouldnt mind but he was a an old guy and he was shocked himself but im just so annoyed now.

I dont know whether to go into the garda station or ring the company or what do you do! Afterall no body was killed but im a real shudda kudda wudda when it comes to these things and i just know i will have nightmares for months now! 🙄

Gismo

It would be no harm to ring the company and have a go at them about it. I certainly would do that… you poor thing. The guards probably wouldn’t do much whereas the company may get onto the guy…it could have been somuch worse…thank god you are all safe.

Yvonne

Oh my God Happy, that must have been scary for you. Is that the road near your home, it is very busy with lorries I would definitely ring the company and even the guards…. if you don’t he got away with it and in a built up area its not acceptable.

Happymammy

Ive calmed down now im having a bowl of ice! 😆

Happymammy

Yes outside the estate bath abbey and all down that road over the bridge before he realised the steel gurder was hanging off the side! Idiot! I wouldnt mind but he took half the bridge with him he was going that fast!

MNG

HappyMummy thats really a lucky escape…

so scary even by just reading it ,,,,,,,

lucky nobody is hurt…..

Happymammy

I know! Im going to go down and collect her from the swings now i just want her back home safe! I came home and i just said now who do i moan too so i logged on here per usual! 🙄 Feel alot better now thanks girls. I rang the DB and he was like "you think to much about things she wasnt killed and everyone is ok so relax the cacks!" I really do dwell on what could have nearly happened but sure what mammy doesnt eh???

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you have the company number i would ring them to make a complaint, think theyy own the bloody road

munchin
    Participant

happymammy i know exactlly where you’re talking about, i take E down there she loves the swings BUT my heart is in my mouth crossing that road with buggy – i usually run accross it 🙄
    if you have the company name i’d ring them – sounds like he was definitely going above the speed limit as alot of trucks(and cars) seem to do on that stretch – they just seem to ignore the speeds signs until they get into the village and have to slow down!

oops just realised i’m ranting too but i regularly go down there with E of an evening and crossing over is dangerous! 👿

Yvonne

It really is in a bad place, as it is such a busy road there… but should be thankfull that there is a playground, as small as it is, even if it was further up the road it would be safer. Might be an idea to speak to one of the local councillors, a couple of them are great for getting things done.

munchin
    Participant

ah yvonne i agree it’s great to have the playground – it’s practically only a stones throw from me just hate crossing that road!

Dinomum

God thats really scary !! You should call the company and let them know, I’m sure that they would apprecaiate it….

Happymammy

I love having the playground there it was a big part of the reason i bought in the Belfry because its so near a play area that i can walk to but the road is trecherous! The little pathway barely fits a pram down it. But sure we cant have everything. Its just that lorry scared the bejaysus out of me and i was imagining what could have happened had it been 2seconds earlier. We really do have guardian angels! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.