Music….

Home Forums National Chat Music….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    chewieodie
    Participant

Hey gals…. all input willing accepted!

And so, courtesy of a recent kareoke competition, I’ve been given the opportunity to spend a few hours in a recording studio, recording whatever I like.
    So, I’ve decided to get back into the wedding market (ie… the singing during the service side of things)…. so, I’ve decided to use my recording time to do a demo so that folk can get a sample of what I do.
    So, what I’m looking for from you ladies is…… suggestions as to what to record. I’ve found that the taste / music that you would have here during a service is different to what I would have used in SA… obviously a lot more Irish ballads etc…. on this side! kind of makes sense! :lol:

So far I’ve been given the following suggestions:
    "She moves through the fair", and "The Voyage"….
    I’ll also record "Angel"… Sarah McLaughlin…. just because its a favourite of mine!
    I’m really looking for input, as all my previous recordings have been aimed at the coporate event / gig market…. so I’m needing some new material! :wink: PLEASE HELP !!!

Fabienne

congrats!

Fabienne

scole1

whatut some contempory music too,

like the beatles – SOMETHING, ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE……

etc etc…..will have a think…

Taylor5

Scole that cant be used in a church wedding anymore, priests have clamped down on it….. heard a fab wedding song last night will get the name

scole1

yeah you can, we had the beatles, and songs from fiddler one the roof and a few more non religous songs at our wedding, it also depends on the priest as long as they have religious songs in it too…..we have been to weddings throghout the summer and they have had contempory songs….i don’t think they are doing a clamp down to be honest they want to make sure that the over all meaning of the whole ceremony is not lost by just contempory non religous songs but you can choose whatever songs you like….

oh you so have to have ave maria, i love love love that song

most priests are open to a new way of celebrating the marraige ceremony and also every sunday mass too, they try to encourage new songs to capture mass goers…it helps draw a crowd and keep them interested and enjoy the mass, our priest is great very open to new ideas….

chewieodie
    Participant

I’m not sure if this is the way it works…. perhaps someone can enlighten me…..

In terms of the religious side of things….. anything contempory could be sung as an entrance…. for example… went to a wedding recently where "Butterfly kisses" was sung as the bride went down the ailse
    , but when the priest starts the actual services…. particularly in the case of a nuptial mass, all music within the service would then be hymns / chorus…. depending on the priest and what he would allow…. and then the signing of the register…. in SA, we would normally sing a special request for the bridal couple…. whatever had special meaning to them…. but I think on this side it would just be background music? Am I reading this correctly?

Thanks gals for your input! As you can see, its a learning curve for me in Ireland! It is interesting to see how things are done differently over here….

scole1

yeah there are point sof the mass where there needs to be religious songs, must root out a wedding booklet and see….

i had ave maria for my entrance, we also had throghout communion fiddler on the roof, we had when we married we’ve only just begun by the carpenters, we also had when you fall in love (a disney song you know when the castle and star etc??) but we also had pia jesu (sp), can’t remember what else but there were points that you would traditionally have religious songs…your right

chewieodie
    Participant

scole…. 😆 I also had Ave Maria at my wedding…..

ooh… will have to find that one again…. the latin words are coming back to haunt me… lol! I have to admit, there have been some strange requests that I’ve had to do through the years….. 😆

Perhaps Love, Annies Song, the wedding song from westside story…. one love, one heart….

but the one I could never really understand, and always got requested to sing was "from a distance"….. never could figure out why anyone would want God to be "watching us…. from a distance"….. 😕

ah… the memories….. 😉

scole1

from a distance? mmmm sorry all sorts of images come into my head, some things i don’t want god watching a newly married couple from a distance lol…. 😉

oh the west side story song yep yep yep…..that’s why i liked the song from fiddler on the roof, can’t remember the name but ya know it…..so appropaite for dh and i…

rossylisa

I love butterfly kisses also love the song in Mama mia when the mammy is singing a song about her daughter..

i walked up the isle to as she moved trought the fair also had the voage, fields of gold and trying to think of other ones will get back to you.

rossylisa

had in a country church yard by chris de berge aswll ..

chewieodie
    Participant

"running through my fingers……"… mmm also love that!
    not familiar with the Chris de burgh number…. must youtube that one!

Thanks ladies…. keep ’em coming please! 😀

Taylor5

maybe its different from parish to parish but my mums neighbour got married 4 months ago and the parish priest wouldnt allow two of her songs she was told on religious songs…… her sister got married in the same church 12 years ago with the same priest and she had non religious songs…… think somepeople are taking it ott and its p’ing the priests off and runing it for everyone else

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.