Mumstown Pins

Home Forums National Chat Mumstown Pins

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    happymumblemum
    Participant

Hey Sabbi, 💡

I posted about this idea years ago to Kelly and the original gang, but I still think its a great idea..

To have a Mumstown Badge which mums could pin onto a coat/ nappy bag pram or something..it would be a great way to promote the site and be a good talking point for strangers in a cafe or something…if they see the badge they know the person is on Mumstown….

Money could go to charity of choice…

Dunno how workable the idea is but its one I always think is a good one for some strange reason 😀 ❓

happymumblemum
    Participant

I like it! Remember we did the christmas gift collection in Scotch Hall a few christmasses ago for the Womans Refuge? Money could go towards that, maybe?

chewieodie
    Participant

I think that is an excellent idea!

happymumblemum
    Participant

Thanks Chewie 😀

Always thought it would be a great conversation opener ..
    Some how I always envisaged them looking like the pink flower on the Mumstown logo…

Taylor5

I think that is an excellent idea!
    😀 😀 😀

Fabienne

it’s a good idea but as far as I know MT can’t legally raise money for a charity as they are not register as a charity.
    But a pin for chat opening why not.

And if they only charge for the pin without profit, they it will be up to the person who buys it to give a small fee to the charity of their choice.

Fabienne

Anonymous
    Inactive

We are going to look into produce a line of Mumstown products that members can purchase directly on the site.
    In turn we will donate to charity – this is something that we would have to register for.

beams

Sounds great 😆 😆

Yvonne

I remember you talking about that idea HMM! Was and is a great idea… it was when we were all nervous meeting people for the first time and having to go up and say eh are you from Mumstown?!! It was a sign for us!

Bit confused on the charity thing though, why do you need to register to raise money for charity? Surely anyone can raise money for a charity??

Jedt

You need to be very careful about collecting money for charities, there is supposed to be a person from the charity present with proof they are a registered charity.

The pins are a great idea and if they were available to buy a donation from each one would be made to charity but Mumstown would need to check about the proper way to do this.

I remember during operation transformation someone asked us to collect money for their charity during one of our weigh in’s but because they were not present, we could not do it.

I think there are laws in place now so that only registered charities can collect money, otherwise anyone could say they are a charity and may not be telling the truth.

Its the way the world has gone sadly, so many chancers were pretending they were working as volunteers and collecting for a charity when in fact, they were pocketing the money!!

Taylor5

Could you not just do the pins and mumstown keep the funds (cover the costs) money could be put into days out or go towards a mumstown PARTY!!!!! Now thats better then charity 😆 😆 😆 😆 Or we could donate to the "havent been out in ages" Charity

happymumblemum
    Participant

😆 😆 Can’t afford to get pis*ed charity 😆

Glad you all liked the pins idea 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.