Mum Mam Mom

Home Forums Louth Chat Mum Mam Mom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What do your kids call you?
    Do you think Ireland is changing?
    Post You Opinions!

pinkbabe

My 2 call me mam along with my other half n a couple of my mates while takin the piddle
    😳

yummymummy

im called mam or my name if he really pee’d off with me! 🙂

kcireland

i’m mommy with a canadian accent, eh! it’s changing though … the kids pick up the Irish accent quicker than me!

happymumblemum
    Participant

i am mummy or mummsylee if she thinks shes being funny!!!!!

ed1
    Participant

i am maaaammy if they are looking for something but usually mam. my own dad calls my mam, mam and always has. i actually think it sounds weird when he calls her by her name.

pinkbabe

I am hoping my DP will grow out of it!!!

kcireland

Ed1 that’s funny about your Dad calling your Mam, Mam. My Dad now calls me Mom and calls my Mom, Nana. A progression of names throughout one’s life!?!

trixiebell
    Participant

I am mummy, and all my family call my mum mummy as well.
    DH family all call her "mam".

I think it is where you are from has a lot to do with this one.

My dad also calls my mum "mum"!! Its soo funny

Bernie

I’m Mum aswell, I’d hate my dd to call me mam( no offence to those of you called this). Think it’s because moved down here from the north when I was about 7 and hated all these new "southern" words. No-on up there says mam. Also thought yoke was the stupidest thing I’d ever heard in my life and didn’t say it for years but yous wore me down and use it all the time now. And don’t even get me started on "cop on"!! Was used to "come on" but have also converted on this one. 😀

trixiebell
    Participant

Marie Im a northie too 😀

So you will know what guddies and go gos are then!! Lol!

I thought the funniest saying here was the "press" for a cupboard! I thought this was hillarious!!

Bernie

Yeah press that’s agood one alright, took me a while to get that one. And the teachers ALWAYS said it in school. Put this in this press and that in that press, didn’t have a clue what they were on about. And my Mums b’friend kept telling me I had to do my exercises (meaning my homework) thought he wanted me to start doing sit ups or something 😆

trixiebell
    Participant

I didnt know for ages what a pearer or a bobbin were either!! I used to think DH family were mad!!

I have had this discussion in work with the girls loads of times and they all think Im mad, when I start explaining to them what our sayings are!!

Have you heard of a gravy ring??

Bernie

God Trixie, you’ve given me a good laugh here. A pearer, I forgot all about that.. what a stupid name 😆 . ‘Fraid I don’t know what a gravy ring is…you’ll have to enlighten me!

trixiebell
    Participant

Its one of them dohnuts with all the sugar on them, and a circle in the middle!

I blame my mum i think she named that one herself!!

😀

God just talking bout that, I would love one of them now, yummie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.