MRSA after a section!!

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents MRSA after a section!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    noeleenw

just read the drogheda indo where a woman got mrsa after a section and her son also got it!! i’m due to have a section in may , makes me nervous now :cry:

ed1
    Participant

dont be worrying. it is very treatable with antibiotics. i think people are frightened when they hear of mrsa but in fact we are all carriers of it.

my uncle has had it on numerous occassions(not just in OLOL hospital) and every time has made a full recovery.

think of all the people who have sections in a day and how many of them catch mrsa.

noeleenw

thats what i was thinking but they made such a deal of it in the paper!

happymumblemum
    Participant

was in in the Drogheda Indo??? If so I wouldnt worry I think they love scare monger journalism in that paper. ( sorry to offend any one from the paper)

A man fell off a wall in Termon Abbey he could have sevvered his spine but he scraped his knee 😆 😆 😆 etc etc etc

Taylor5

I think the paper was on about 5 babies in the ICU having MRSA! I was talking to a nurse out of the icu and she said all babies go into isolation until they get the clear of mrsa and the staff have to change uniform in a clean room area. Plus the fact you wash your hands every 5 mins and the visitors are limited to parents and grandparents……
    This nurse also works in Crumlin and said Drogheda has higher cleaning and screaning standards.

noeleenw

this was in this weeks paper it said about a woman having a section and taking ages to heal and getting infections which turned out to be caused by mrsa , she said her child has it but is healthy and is getting no treatment as as his skin sheds he will loose the bug

Taylor5

Thats shocking, its hard enough to get over a section but having mrsa ontop of it would be very tough.
    My sil didnt have mrsa but her section scar too 1.5years to heal, it would weep puss and was very red and angry. Whereas my doc was shocked at my 6 week check at how my scar had healed, it has vanished now…. but I did take arnica tablets and use the cream and vit E cream on my scar for a few weeks

noeleenw

i’ve heard alot about arnica can you get it in the chemist or do you go to a health food shop , must get some 🙄

happymumblemum
    Participant

arnica is fab , really helps wit the healing after child birth..think i got mine in a normal chemist.. you can get tablets and cream i think

Taylor5

I got mine in the normal chemist but the levels arent as high if you buy in Nelsons in Dublin, Im sure they would sell it in the health store too… I cant remember but the lower the number the higher the dose ie 20 arnica is better then 100! but I could be wrong!
    I have the cream for everyday lumps and bumps

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.