Moving to Dundalk – advice needed!!

Home Forums Louth Chat Moving to Dundalk – advice needed!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Depends what your priorities are & where you are working etc. Have you school going kids? Do you need a creche? Have you two cars? Are you social animals – like nightclubs / pubs etc? If you want to pm me with some more specifics, I’d be glad to give you a hand

We lived in the middle of Dundalk (Seatown area / maze of little streets across from the cathedral) for nearly ten years & apart from hearing voices as people headed home from the pubs now and again, it was lovely. You could walk to shops / cinema / library / cafes / supermarkets / pubs / beauticians etc etc. But you have to be realistic. We were willing to put up with that bit of noise now and again in return for the convenience of everything else. Beware, though, if you have a brand new Merc or BMW, the town centre might not be the best spot. The streets are narrow & wing mirrors can be a terrible temptation for silly tipsy idiots…..

That said, there are a couple of ‘no go’ areas in my opinion….

If you are renting, check with estate agents. Sometimes you can get a much nicer house by renting a house that has been on the market for a ggod while, rather than one which is a ‘rental property’.

We moved about six months ago (family outgrew house) & now live between Dundalk & Knockbridge. (Louth Vilage is the next village to Knockbridge). We love it, but it has its downsides too – everything requires a car, for example.

Personally, I’m not wild about Castlebellingham – if you are heading that direction, I’d prefer Dunleer ….

I’m due a baby in about a month, but am on maternity leave at the min. PM me if you are about & would like to have a coffee & a chat etc. Hope this some help

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all, we are moving to Dundalk in about a month and I would love to get some opinions on where to live. We were thinking of a small town within 15 minutes or so commute from Dundalk, like Louth village, Castlebellingham, Dunleer etc. Can anyone recommend anywhere in particular? Or even a nice quiet area of Dundalk itself? Thanks in advance!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

We have a Mumstown coffee morning for parents & their little ones tomorrow morning, Thursday 7th Feb inb Marshes shopping centre Dundalk and you are welcome to pop in and have a chat with the mums there and get some advice?

We meet at Bagel Bar in Marshes in the upstairs food court from 10am-12 and have free nibbles, bouncy castle, toys for kids to play with from Mothercare/ELC and product samples for the parents too.

Its a nice way to get a chat with some other parents from the area.

Might see you there – this is a free event and happens every month on the first Thursday of the month and you are welcome anytime

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Pookie2, PM sent. Thanks also admin, we haven’t moved up to Dundalk yet (prob in next two weeks) but I will definitely come along to the march coffee morning and introduce myself!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.