Movies for younger kids

Home Forums Movies, TV, Books & Entertainment Movies for younger kids

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    mamacita

Just wondering what movies in the cinema you all would recommend for kids 4 and up?
    Any movies you thought would suit but were too scary/ violent? Any that were more suitable or enjoyable than you expected?

Taylor5

My ds who is 2 really enjoyed the bee movie, he lost intrest in Ratatoulle (sp) but I thought it was a good film.
    Cant wait to see the new kids movie coming out, Its a Dr Suss film Norton save a who! Its about an elephant and it looks very funny.
    HTH

noeleenw

my kids enjoyed charlottes web , its very hard to keep them watching the film for the whole time as their attention span isnt too long

Taylor5

I loved that movie too, but ds was a bit young at the time so didnt have much intrest…. might dig it out as he is intrested in farm animals now
    Cars and toystory are the top of the list in this house

mamacita if you are looking to bring the kids to the movies, look at http://www.movies@swords.ie they have a kids club and its only 2.50 think they do a combo too drink and popcorn for 3.50

noeleenw

ye the movies are so long for young kids , i think we ended up in the toilets more than in the cinema and dd lost her soother so i had to go to chemist next store to buy one during the movie 😆

rossylisa

there is a new one coming out this week a Docter suzz one cant think of the name it looks very good

joey_rudd

Its "horton hears a who!"

Moonflower

never thought of taking a 2yr old to pictures…may give it a try in next few weeks 🙂

Took Ds bowling last weekend wiv his older cousins and he loved rolling ball so may do that again wiv him but he was a bit young and only interested for half game…….

mamacita

Thanks everyone. I might give Horton a try. I have a friend who always goes to a film first to screen it for her child…I don’t think I’m that vigilant but I do sometimes find films for younger children are much scarier than you would expect.

scole1

try the kids club as all the parents are in the same position, my ds who is also 2 has been a few times, we’ve been to the bee movie about 3 times and chipmunks loved that but got restless and started messing…..but loved the bee movie and the fact it’s only 2.50 in swords at kids club great value….

alibe1

i remember kids only used to like cartoons back in the days. Now I see my goddaughter (age 6) is into movies like Mr. Beans Holiday and other such funny movies. They are all into disney movies like Hannah Montana as well, especially the girls.

alibe1

I am also curious as to what kind of websites the little ones are going on and any games sites that are safe for kids?

Taylor5

My ds goes onto cbeebies and other sites, he was 3 in july and he can sit with the laptop and click the drag with the mouse and play all the online games. His daddy si sooo proud as computers is his line of work….

alibe1

how adorable! I was actually looking into some sites that a young lady from another forum suggested. I heard club penguin and Wekinz are very popular right now. The kids love it, and I am going to take them out to get the toys for Webkinz. Also, I think Disney is a safe site for the kids, just a little too advanced for the 6 year old.

alibe1

does anyone else’s kids play on webkinz? I would highly recommend it, the kids are making friends and the chat logs are safe. Did i mention the games are educational? THere are trivia questions for kids of all ages. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.