Most popular names!

Home Forums National Chat Most popular names!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey all,
    Saw this elsewhere and was a ll excited thinking that dd had an original name but it was there at #98!!

Attached the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.cso.ie/releasespublications/ … ynames.pdf

joey_rudd

none of my kids names are on it 🙂 😛
    javk seems to be a very popular name each year

Happymammy

I have an Ava!!! Always loved that name, Although i didn’t realise it was that popular 😀

Taylor5

I found the top 100 names and my ds1 is in top 20 ds2 is in top 90 (but only new to the list) Ds2’s second name is Lucas and that was top 10 very suprised with this …….. no old fashioned names other then Jack

Joey your ds’s name was on this list, didnt look at the girls one

yummymummy

my ds is the most popular name hahahaha although he was born in 2001, dunno if it was the fav then!!??!! anyone know???

My name never ever ever crops up on these lists haha maybe it would on a list of what NOT to call your child 🙂

ed1
    Participant

Both of my boys are in the top 100 although its Robert not Robbie…..my name is never in any of thoselists. Must have been very popular years ago though cause I know lots of girls with my name….

yummymummy

Elaine is the name i was going to be called until my dad heard that stupid song on the way to the hospital 🙁

it seems alot of "old" style names are coming back….i like them!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey yummymummy,
    Tried to find the stats for 2001 but 2006 seems to be the earliest but there is a column for 2001 so you can see where your ds’s name is! 😀
    http://www.cso.ie/releasespublications/ … s_2006.pdf

yummymummy

hahaha well at leaset it wasnt the most popular in 01, it was 2nd 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Its also the name we had picked out if dd was a boy! Have to say, im curious to know what your name is since you mentioned that its not on any list!! Any chance of letting it slip?! 😀 😀

yummymummy

hmmmm amy whinehouse song springs to mind lol

never on any lists, name parafenalia(sp?) stuff NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!! stupid name 🙂

Yvonne

Its not a silly name! Never get my name on anything either… I mean its not that ‘different’!

yummymummy

it is a stupid name yvonne hahahaha but in saying that id never change it, i am who i am 🙂

i like yvonne, i know a good few of them. maybe its just not hip enough these days 🙄

Yvonne

Yeah it would be an older name…. ah will have to find you something with your name on for you!

yummymummy

hahaha you can get them abroad, i have a keyring a magnet and a door sign lol but thats it.

also hate the fact that alot of chains etc dont have my initial when there are tonnes of names with it ( i rem you saying the same thing about yours too) pain pain pain.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.