Morning After Pill

Home Forums National Chat Morning After Pill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    happymumblemum
    Participant

great to see it finally down south….

happymumblemum
    Participant

Hi this is now available without prescription over the counter to over 18’s in Boots Chemists.

This info may be handy for some one

CaliGal

It’s about damn time!!!

Fabienne

Good start I will say.
    The under 18’s should be able to access it as well.

Fabienne

mc2010

its 2011 and this is only happening now!!!And we’re happy about it!!!hello this should have available 10 years ago!!!Its about bloody time I personally know friends who had unwanted pregnancies because they couldn’t afford to go to the gp for the morning after pill and hoped for the best…. never mind afford an abortion when they found out they were pregnant. I also know of other women who have risked it and swallowed a whole packet of conterceptive pill in lui of the morning after because they couldn;t afford to go to the GP and I know alot of women who have done that…I asked my gp about it once and she was shocked that women where doing that and said it didn;t work and that it was extremely dangerous for clotting and damaging fertility.

And I agree with Fabiene under 18’s should be able to access it I work with young people and one of the 15 year old girls is pregnant and guess why…couldn’t get emergancy conterceptive!!!Young people are having sex…lots of it and we as a society are living in la la land if we think otherwise!!!

Taylor5

Great idea and its years overdue…. i remember a group of us went into the Condom shop in The Virgin Megastore in Dublin, one of the lads got condoms and it was such a big deal 😆 😆 😆 That wasnt that long ago either it was only the early 90’s… there were pickets outside the store from all therelgious doo gooders

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.