Montissori/preschool?

Home Forums Education Montissori/preschool?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    littleleaf

This might sound like a stupid question but Im going to ask it anyway. Which is better and what exactly is the difference?

scole1

preschool is normally before montessori, my ds is just gone 3 and in pre montessori (like preschool) they actually do a lot, they’re learning irish and all and their letters and they’ve more play time than montessori….montessori is more prep for school….

libby1
    Participant

My kids both did PreSchool never montessori, I wasn’t really interested in that. I felt they would get more from Preschool. I studied both ways … I was not impressed by the Montessori theories.

Children need to Play and socalise , they need creative play and mess.. They are only children for a short while.. Lets them enjoy play…

Babs

Many services claim to be offering Montessori but to be honest with you they are using the reputation (or what people think montessori is) to charge parents more! Montessori can be preschool (children can go to it a year or two before they start school) but can also be a method of education up to 6th class…Some services incorporate some montessori theory and equipment in with other methods which in my opinion is the best. But be aware of services claiming to be "Montessori preschools" and charging parents more, yet not employing properly qualified montessori staff or offering the correct equipment or suitable curriculum!!

libby1
    Participant

I def agree most preschools offer Montessori to charge more to parents.. I think it is ridicolous.

Jackie26

Yes I totally agree with the last 2 comments regarding some schools saying they are Montessori in order to charge more. All my nieces and nephews went to Playmates Montessori School and they all enjoyed it a lot. Lovely fully qualified staff and they have their certs hanging up along with a cert that states they are a Montessori school with qualified staff and have the equipment. I must disagree with the comment regarding not allowing children be children in Montessori. Montessori is all about the child and the class is run in a that allows the child develop at thier own pace. A lot of work is needed by the Montessori teacher to allow this happen. I highly recommend Montessori as I saw the benefits it gave my nieces and nephews.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.