Montessori in Donore???

Home Forums Education Montessori in Donore???

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    beams

Just wondering is there a playschool / montessori in Donore??I would love my ds and dd to go to school there and have their names down for the national school. Speaking to a few people they seem to think if your child goes to the local montessori and makes friends its easier for them to make the transition to big school when all their little friends are going there also. Has anybody found this ??

Sinprey

hello .i am in the area and ds wud have gone to scribbles and giggles playschool which was attached to the owners hse in donore.she has now relocated to knightsbridge estatebut i know alot send kids in to her from around.my dd goes 2 mornings a wk.also there is one called sophies.. down near oldbridge i think and elderdale on dullek rd seems to be one iv heard mentioned in the schoolyard.hth! to be honest thou i dont think it matters as ds knew a few b4 starting and some hadnt gone to playschool at all and they all seem to be coping well.the teacher moves them around alot also to get them mixing with everyone and not just reliant on one or two.at first i thought this mite be a bit unsettling forthe kids but apparently it works well!!! its only week 3 so early days yet!!! i think at the end of the day its a new environment .some kids adjust well to this.some take a while. i think the best preparation is in the run up to school starting talk about it and bring them down to it a few times so they become familiarwith the surroundings as you can never guarantee the little pal they make ih montessori will def end up going to the school.

beams

Thanks for that Sinprey. Think i will send dd to montessori i know and then hopefully when she starts school she will be fine. sounds good that the teacher mixes them up so they aren’t reliant on one or two little friends all the time. Can’t believe am talking about school for her …she is only two but time marches on so fast ….boo hoo!! 🙁

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.