Money back on Flights?

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Travel & Holiday Expert Money back on Flights?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jacinta

We had some flights booked to go to Edinburgh in September, but now we can’t travel as I am pregnant and will be in first trimester. Can we claim a refund on the flights and if so what do we need to do? I have heard an ad on the radio and think we can claim back the tax but not sure how to go about it.

Yvonne

I think you have to contact the airline and they can process but they usual charge an admin fee to do it!

Did you check with your doctor about flying?

I flew to England when I was about 8 weeks pregnant on my DS – the doctor said it was alright..

kjmam

flew from puerto rico in carribean at 7 weeks

chewieodie

and I flew to South Africa at 9wks…. 😉

Taylor5

A friend of mine was a trolly dolly and she was flying longhaul, she was 11 weeks pregnant before she found out… she was flying every other day.

Check the doctor…. have a look in swap shop loads of baby bargains at the moment

Jedt

never heard you cannot fly in 1st trimester???

You cannot fly in the 3rd trimester but you can in the 1st and 2nd. If you are feeling a bit rubbish, why not change the dates and go another time during your 2nd trimester when you will have lots of energy again? I’ve been on flights plenty of times in 2nd trimester and there was never a bother on me.

Some airlines let you change the dates without charging you, if the flightsare the same price on the day you want to change to. If you do not want to change, you probably will not get the full amount of money back on the flights, think you are only entitled to the tax back, which is around 30 euro I think; so if you can, you’d be better off using them!

If you want the tax refund, contact the airline or go on to their website and read their terms & conditions. We cancelled a flight last year and got a tax refund of around 35 euro (it was Aer lingus) but not sure about other airlines; it should all be on their website as each one has different T&C’s.

ellokittee

Yes, i’d check with your doctor, I’m pretty sure its the 3rd trimester that flying is a no-no. I was 6 weeks pregnant with twins last year on our trip to America. And CONGRATULATIONS!! 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.