Midweek TV3 tonight

Home Forums National Chat Midweek TV3 tonight

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

When you divide it down over 18 years, is does not seem that much per year, alot but not outrageous? I am not sure we would be spending that much on our 4 little ones tbh – but sure, its less than the pension Bertie is getting!! :lol: :lol:

Anonymous
    Inactive

watch out for some familiar faces on Midweek tonight at 10pm on TV3. its all about raising children in these tough times, so should be interesting to watch.

MaryE

Well done ladies, you all looked & sounded great.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Well done to Nicky & Paula from All Seasons Creche, you would not know by looking at them chatting away that they had been nervous beforehand!

Thanks to Mary from PJ’s for hosting and looking after us all with teas/coffees water etc. Its a great play centre there – no doubt many of us will be in over the Easter break!

Have to say, Ruth from Pinatas Pinatas has a great laugh, you cannot help smiling when she starts laughing!

Thanks alot girls for doing it – lets hope its the first of many TV appearances – you are all naturals 😉

allseasons

thank you was a great day, and Ruth, Siobhan and Mary you were great….everyone looked and sounded great…

but shocking enough figures really…who would have thought it eh €250,000 raising a child….wowsers…

here’s the link for those who missed the programme a very interesting midweek too

http://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/192/46596/1/MidWeek

MaryE

Childcare alone for working parents costs about €80k per child & thats just till they hit secondary school.

For one child in a Creche fulltime its the best part of €10,000 per year if you multiply that by 4 years, its €40k already.

Then after schooler works out at least €5k per year, so for 8 years its another €40k.

The above calculations are done on Drogehda creche prices, Dublin is even dearer.

If i thought about it too much, i would crack up.

munchin
    Participant

thats what 1160 per month on each child

i know when we were both working and girls were in creche yep easily spend that amount because of child care but now DH is at home we don’t have creche fees.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Don’t think about it too much…would drive you mad if you did!!!

Think about all the nice things they do….first words, first steps, first day of school, telling you they love you, making you a picture, making you laugh, hearing then laugh….

Then imagine when we are all old and crinkly and we get our payback when they will be looking after us because old age homes are dearer than creches and they’ll have to take us in!!! 😆 😆

munchin
    Participant

Sabbi I didn’t watch programme but ur right all the little things they do are priceless 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.