Michaela McAreevy

Home Forums National Chat Michaela McAreevy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Martina
    Participant

So sad to see a young man widowed 12 days after his wedding. That beautiful young woman strangled, you wonder how both families will recover from this.

julymam

Its so so horribly sad, I was nearly in tears watching mickey harte talkin on the news with his sons. that killer deserves to rot in hell

Yvonne

Its terrible… my heart goes out to her new husband and family… God love them..

MaryE

Yeah, very sad.

The poor families. I dont know how people get over such losses or maybe they never do.

I was teary watching Mickey harte too.

trixiebell
    Participant

its horrific, God love both familes, such a beautiful young woman.

RIP Michaela

Taylor5

Its just sooo wrong and heart breaking, my heart is going out to both the families, but i keep thinking of the poor husband sitting eating his lunch then going to look for his new wife and finding her dead…… that poor chap.
    The whole community will be thorn apart, the poor school kids will be heartbroken

hjs

Horrific. Beyonds words.

trixiebell
    Participant

see they have charged 3 hotel staff this morning, why in the name of God did they have to kill her, I couldnt sleep last night thinking of the poor family.

So so wrong xx 🙁

scole1

so so sad, it’s tragic…..

we stayed in that very hotel on our honeymoon, beautiful place, it’s just heartbreakign to think what her new husband is going through….terrible…

Taylor5

Its not a place know for serious crimes…. its just a case of wrong place wrong time!!
    Trixie i would guess they were robbing the room and she came back to get her biscuits and surprised them, maybe they paniced also she might be small but i’d say she is a tough cookie

I had a look at the news clip, God the sight of her dad and her two heartbroken brothers was terrible…. cant help think about the poor husband over there alone
    Wasnt she a stunning looking girl, never seen such a stunning bride, very very sad

Jedt
    Keymaster

They could have locked her in the bathroom or even hit her over the head and left her there but why did they kill her, it takes pure evil to strangle someone. Its so unnecessary and tragic. Her poor husband, he must be in an awful state. Cannot even imagine what the poor fella is going through and her family, saw them on the news last night, the brothers looked in a catatonic state, such a waste of life.

Here is the latest article about it, very sad but at least they’ve arrested some people over it, hope they go away for a very long time. not only have they robbed a lovely young woman of her life and her husband of his life essentially but they have potentially ruined the only trade in that country as I cannot imagine newlyweds flocking there now for their honeymoons.

"Murdered newlywed Michaela McAreavey was found strangled in a bath with the water still running, it was revealed today.

Skin tissues were also discovered underneath the young teacher’s fingernails after she fought for her life when she disturbed intruders who had broken into her hotel room, according to new reports from Mauritius.

Fresh details emerged as three men, all employees at the luxury Legends Hotel where she was staying, appeared in court charged in connection with her death, two of them accused of murder.

Chief police medical officer Dr Sudesh Kumar Gungadin discovered several bruises on Mrs McAreavey’s head.

Investigating officers believe that, once the 27-year-old was wrestled to the ground, she was dragged into the bath tub and strangled before the water was turned on.

Police believe she came face to face with at least one attacker who used a dummy swipe card to gain access to the room just two minutes before she arrived to fetch some biscuits while she had tea with her new husband, John McAreavey, in the hotel restaurant.

Mr McAreavey went to look for his wife after she had been gone for 10 minutes and found the hotel room door locked.

He knocked but did not receive any response so he went to reception and a hotel employee accompanied him back to Room 1025 where they used a master card to open the door.

According to reports on the island today, the hotel staff member then left the scene while Mr McAreavey, an accountant, went inside and discovered the body of his wife of just 12 days.

He immediately alerted reception and the hotel doctor was called in.

Police investigating the murder have examined CCTV surveillance tapes as part of their case which will be presented at a later hearing when they hope to formally charge the three men.

Michaela’s brother, Mark Harte, as well as her husband’s brother and parents have arrived in Mauritius to help with arrangements to take her body back home and to the funeral at St Malachy’s Church, close to the family home outside Ballygawley, Co Tyrone, where she married on December 30.

It is understood the families are hoping to have her body home by this weekend.

Mrs McAreavey, an Irish language teacher at St Patrick’s Academy in Dungannon, and her husband were on the second stage of their honeymoon after flying to Dubai.

They arrived last Saturday and planned to return home this Sunday.

A senior official from the Irish department of Foreign Affairs has also arrived in Mauritius, and the Irish Ambassador to South Africa, Brendan McMahon, will travel there today.

Even though three suspects appeared at Mapou District Court today, it is not known how long the police investigation will last or when they will stand trial.

Skin tissue discovered under Mrs McAreavey’s fingernails has been sent for forensic examination and a report is not due until Friday.

Tourism officials on the Indian Ocean island stunned by the murder have moved swiftly to help the relatives of both families in a bid to limit the damage to the industry.

Hundreds of newly married couples go there and senior officials fear the incident could have a disastrous impact on future hotel bookings.

The general manager of Legends, Bryce Lunot, said: “It is the first time that we have experienced such a tragic situation and we are doing our utmost to assist everyone involved.

“I am touched by the staff who have expressed their heartfelt grief towards the families and are mourning and ensuring the families have space in this moment of profound grief.”

A religious service has been organised by one of the island’s leading churchmen, Archbishop Maurice Piat.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mich … z1ApGMLiW5"

Almae

It just heartbreaking and devastating ,.

less than 2 weeks ago Mickey Harte walked his beautiful Jewel down the ailse to get married to the lover of her life and John walked with his wife down the ailse to start there new life together,NOW due to scum is all i can call themin less than a week John and Mikey Harte will be walking Michaela McAreavey coffin down the ailse, to lay her to rest.

ALL SO SO SO wrong.

I always had great respect for Mickey Harte , but jesus the man was broke on tv yesterday. God love them all…and her poor hubby in Mauritius all alone.

Rest in Peace Michaela….xx

nwmum

The whole thing is terrible. Such a waste of life! I can never understand this kind ofviolence! I work with a few people from Mauritius and they are such lovely people!

scole1

the more i think about it the more i get angry and upset….it’s just too much really…it doesn’t bare thinking about..

i stayed there on my honeymoon, and knowing the layout of the place and the room, everytime now i think of it i can picture Micheala and my heart just bleeds for her family…sad thing is sabbi you said in your post about locking her in the bathroom….there is no door no lock it’s open plan, the only one that you can close is the actual toilet which is seperate doesn’t lock, there would have been no escape for the poor girl no refuage for her, only way out was the door they came in or the balcony which would have had the doors closed due to air conditioning….she must have put up some fight, god love her….the poor poor girl….

i hope these guys get all they deserve taking a life like that for what? avoiding a risk of being fired, jailed for stealing whatever, they should have let her go, it’s just terrible….

may you rest in peace, and may some day your family find comfort in the thought that you will always be around them….just awful

beams

Its so unbelievably sad for her family, husband, in-laws, friends and school children she taught – not to mention the whole community. Such a senseless act – i heard if convicted of murder they will get 50 years and i hope 50 years means 50 years there

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.