Medication during Pregnancy

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Pregnancy & Birth Medication during Pregnancy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Malinka

I had my first baby six months ago, and really want to try for another. The only problem is that I have been diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis, which it seems I developed during the pregnancy, even though I had no symptoms at the time and had a very healthy pregnancy. I am receiving treatment and am glad to say that I am so much better, and am responding very well. My Consultant has advised me to stay on Pentasa Sachets, as she said active Colitis can cause miscarriage. She told me it is safe to take if I want to get pregnant again, and that there is no evidence to show it would harm an unborn child, but I am very worried. Has anyone taken Pentasa during their pregnancy?

Jedt
    Keymaster

If your GP says its ok, then I am sure its alright. I cannot imagine a doctor would say it was safe if its not. They tend to be extra cautious with anything related to babies & pregnancy so it must be safe.

I’d say, go ahead and start trying – sure that’s half the fun!!!

Best of luck ttc. if you need any help or advice, there is a conception section on here too: viewforum.php?f=78

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.