McCabes Pharmacy – Pavillions Swords

Home Forums Spot the Bargain McCabes Pharmacy – Pavillions Swords

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mammycool
    Participant

Johnsons baby wipes – 1 euro a packet.

Taylor5

seen that at the weekend… dont like J&J wipes sused them once to take makeup off and my face went on fire…. NO WAY would i use them on mychilds bum…. pampers sensative or the waterwipes when on special offer (they are expensive) are the best for my babys bum

Maman1

All the J&J products for Babys are actually quite aggressive 🙁
    even the "Naturals" range have as many chemicals in them as the normal range…
    I use the Naty (biodegradable) ones or the Boots expert, white pack, no fragrance, which are usually on offer at 2 for € 1.59.

hjs

Have always used J and J on my two, never had any probs. 1 incident of nappy rash once between 2 kids, and that 0 to do with J and J wipes.

MIL works in research for J and J in UK. Regularly gets us stuff baby and adult, u’d be surprised at what they do make, Roc etc. Doubt she would be peddling stuff she thought would damage her grandchildren’s skin or wider health.

Chemicals all around us in every day life, fact of life. Though I wouldn’t be seeking to wipe their faces with bleach, personally, think no harm in exposing them to effective cleaning if evidence on own kids is that they are not adversely affected by whatever J and J put in them to get the job done.

Therefore think this a great offer. Thanks for info, mammycool

Each to their own…

Taylor5

i wouldnt use J&J product on either my kids or myself… my ex SIL would be very very in j&j ireland, she would have tried to give products over hte years but we never took them….. she used cotton wool and water on her 3 babies, to me that speaks volumes 🙄
    I think its peoples skin, I have 2 sisters on wears Niva the other dermalogica…if i use niva i just break out and dermalogica just doesnt suit my skin…. so horses for courses

hjs

Exactly.

Horses for courses.

So J and J suits some people’s and some babies’ skin, while it doesn’t suit others. The levels of and types of chemicals used to effect the the cleaning ability ofthe wipes don’t work for some and do work for others.

Ergo for those whom it does work for, that is a great offer and helpful to know of for those who do want to use them.

Would not like to think of someone thinking twice about posting info on an offer like lest they thought would only see negative posts about a choice she herself may have made is all.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I always bought J&J or pampers, was the huggies wipes that i didnt like. €1 what a bargain, €2 was the cheapest back in my day 😆 😆 2003

HJS you are right it is still a bargain that plenty of people will lap up.

Maman1

Would not like to think of someone thinking twice about posting info on an offer like lest they thought would only see negative posts about a choice she herself may have made is all.

Fair enough and I didn’t mean to offend anyone but just expressing an opinion.
    Sorry if I offended.
    Totally agree that might suit some people/babies and others not. I wasn’t pestering about chemicals either since ALL wipes except from Waterwipes have chemicals so don’t think much harm about those either BUT just that I am a bit disapointed that a big brand’s name would start a "Naturals" range with products that aren’t even natural.

That said, take advantage of the bargain where you find it.
    And at € 0.80 a pack of 82 wipes, I think Boots is the winner (once again, FOR ME) so I also spread the good news 😉

scole1

cool thanks for that i use ANY wipes not fussed, it cleans bums etc etc….

so thanks for the money saving wipes in swords and in boots….

mammycool
    Participant

I’d be the same what ever is going cheap. No sensitive skin in my house.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.