matthews coaches

Home Forums Louth Chat matthews coaches

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    scole1

delighted to see that mathews coaches are doing a bus service to the o2 arena (point depot) on concert days we were wondering where would we park etc as there’s no parking at the o2, so this is so handy….. and so hassle free…..

they also havebus service to dublin on the hour every hour…

http://www.matthewscoach.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

went on the bus to Dublin recently for the first time in yrs……thought Matthews a great service and the buses run so regular and Parnell St. is very central. Long may it continue.

happymumblemum
    Participant

my dp uses them every day, they are very clean, extremely punctual and have a great service.

Regards to the 02 Scole there is parkiing available around and about the 02 but you need to get there early and go round the side streets.

There is also the train service which I believe is only 10 euro return now , you could get that from Drogheda to Connolly then get on the free 02 shuttle busses from there

Anonymous
    Inactive

they go to the O2 now? oh thats great news isnt it!! im headin to pink soon and was thinking parking was going to be a disaster!!

Matthews is a great service alright! hope it doesnt suffer from the big R too much!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

I went into town on Sat on this coach and it was great. 55 mins in and home. Good value too and much quicker than the usual bus I used totake.

Its a great service!

thecons

Has anyone used it to the O2? We’re off to the X-Factor next week, can’t wait! I’m just a bit worried there won’t be room on the bus. Taking my two girls and I don’t want them disappointed.

scole1

i’ll let ya know we’re going to lionel richie this sat, i know they go from dundalk, then drogheda and then stop in city north, we’re picking it up in city north so will let ya know how packed, i did ring and ask them regards booking they said they don’t take bookings…just show up, infairness been on the buses on match days to dublin and i was dreading it thinking it’s gonna be packed but it’s never…..

hmm didn’t know about the train and the shiuttle bus that had crossed my mind but i thought i’d have to walk and didn’t fancy that being pregnant and all….

thecons

Thanks scole1, hope you enjoy! Please do let me know how you get on?

scole1

actually never got the bus in the end as we were late getting ready but in the end we drove and the bus got to the O2 as we passed it at 5.30….my only problem is now is they drop ya so early and the concert doesn’t start till about 8pm but dunno what xfactor would be like….but best thing would be to do would be to get the bus then book a table in milano’s and have something to eat it’s a little bit of a walk down but hey it kills time…..don’t go to the NYC grill, oh my god was horrible real cheap meat for the burger repeated on me all night…..

the O2 is a great venue, no matter where you are sitting you can see and the sound is fantastic, none of that ear ringing when ya come out…..

maybealso check regards the train too see what way that operates, i think the bus is a little early but fine if you have something to eat before concert….

libby1
    Participant

Thanks
    We are off to Tina Turner on Thursday the 26th of March…

I cann’t wait where does Matthews go from…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was at Lionel Richie on Friday night. I had emailed Matthews Coaches beforehand and they said they have a bus from Dundalk at 4.30pm and returning at 11.30pm.

4.30pm is very early. This would leave you at The O2 at 6pm. Our concert was finished at 10.20pm which would mean over an hour waiting around to get home.

We went on the train. Got the shuttle bus from outside Connolly to The O2. On the way back the last train was at 11.20pm which still meant nearly an hour hanging around Connolly.

Lionel Richie had no support act, so I suppose he wasfinished earlier than normal.

This lack of parking is a pain in the a**e!

scole1

yeah is a pain having to hang around, we actually got parking on the road, but there is off street parking for 15euro are ya mental….that’s crazy….

thecons

Thanks for the feedback, not so sure what to do now… I don’t mind hanging around until the concert starts, it’s the hanging around when it’s over I’m not looking forward to!

scole1

i know but it may be the right time though from the concert you’re going to ya see, lionel didn’t have any support and was just him, can imagine other concerts running on….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.