Maternity Reflexology

Home Forums Yummy Mummy to Practical Parenting! Maternity Reflexology

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Moonflower

Hi,

Maternity reflexology is one of the safest, most supportive therapies for pregnant women and is extremely relaxing and calming for the mind, body and of course our very precious baby.

From the early stages of morning sickness to delivery discomfort, pregnancy can be physically demanding. Reflexology can help with relief of many complaints during pregnancy including;

~ Morning sickness
    ~ Nausea and headaches, dizzyness
    ~ Pain & discomfort
    ~ Loss of bladder control
    ~ Backache
    ~ Stress & anxiety
    ~ Lack of sleep & fatigue
    ~ Digestive problems e.g. constipation, heartburn
    ~ Fluid retention
    Help prevent haemorrhoids

Childbirth

Reflexology can play an important role leading up to the birth. There is documented evidence supporting the fact that expectant mothers who received regular reflexology treatments during their pregnancy experienced significantly shorter labours with less intervention than those who didn’t receive any treatments.

Post Natal

Once a baby has arrived, parents’ lives may be thrown into unusual routines, feeding times, lack of sleep, and general exhaustion.

Reflexology can help to;
    ~ Calm and relax
    ~ Increase energy levels
    ~ Re-balance the body
    ~ Stabilise body weight
    ~ Aid lactation
    ~ Prevent or reduce post-natal depression

Reflexology can help to make any pregnancy an enjoyable experience.

I personally experienced positive benefits from having treatments during and after my pregnancy which is why I am so pleased to now be able to offer this to other mums to be.

Please pm me on here or just for a chat about the benefits of Reflexology during pregnancy.

Moonflower x

chipbutty

i would be very interested in trying it, i am just 12 weeks pregnant from today, i have booked to do yoga for pregnancy but have to wait till i am 15 weeks pregnant, if you would be available some Thursday or Friday as i work mon, tues and wed.

Moonflower

Hi Everyone,

I am just bumping this up…as my pregnant ladies who came to me following this original post have either just had their babies or are just about to give birth….

Its wonderful to hear everyone’s individual birth stories & all are so different but each one of my mums have said that felt Reflexology really was a help during the pregnancy and labour….and feedback about babies so far are that they are indeed calmer babies…….

So now I would love to have another group of Mumstown mums to pamper.

Thanks again for reading.

Moonflower xxx

Taylor5

Moonflower I’ve been saying for weeks I wanted to pop out to you again and I just keep forgetting. Im 25 weeks now and want a few sessions between now and the birth, all is going well other then back pain… Next week isnt good for me but if you havent heard from me after that will you please please pm me…….. does this help with nappy/babybrain? 😳 😳 😳

Moonflower

Of course Taylor,will pm you week after next as a reminder! 🙂 so pleased everything has been going well for you,cant believe you are 25 weeks already,wow….time goes so quickly,you must have a lovely little bump now?

Moonflower xxx

Taylor5

I wouldnt use little and bump in the same sentence, its HUGE 😯 But its better to be looking at it then for it 🙄
    I did see a girl in scotch hall today and her bump was bigger then mine, I was thinking she was ready to drop….. but I over heard her saying she is due in January 😯 Made me feel much better 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Moonflower

I thought u were going to say that! wow..at least u hav an excuse for yr bump…dont know wats happening with me but got a funny bump on my tummy…think might be all the biscuits I keep pretending not to eat! 😆

Taylor5

Dont talk about biscuits, I eating Dunnes Stores custard creams like they are going out of fashion, ds is starting to eat them now too 😳 😆 😆 😆 😆
    So its a half biscuit half baby bump 😳

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.