Material shop

Home Forums Louth Chat Material shop

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    chewieodie
    Participant

Hi gals….

I’m looking for a shop that sells material by the metre….
    Drogheda area….

What I’m actually looking to get my hands on is pink / lilac voile material…. so that I can make a "princess bed" out of my old 4 poster single…. for my own little princess! :wink:

SO, local ladies…. where to go?

happymumblemum
    Participant

try Harry Corrys up at the retail park?

chewieodie
    Participant

ah…. didn’t realise they sold on the roll….. tx

happymumblemum
    Participant

pretty certain they do..even if they don’t I know they sell the voile panel fairly cheaply..might work out easier as they would be finished off properly

chewieodie
    Participant

excellent…. tx… 😀

scole1

if not there’s a curtain shop in drogheda meave’s curtains across from the exit from carpark of laurences centre (think peter street)
    also on the quays waterfront interiors may also be able to advise….
    only other place i know is hickeys (is there one in the retail park where argos is?) or hickeys in blanchardstown…..but way too far…..

CaliGal

There is also Remnant Basket in Dundalk which has LOADS as I used purple organza for xmas wedding…

sweetpea1979

hubert tully – if they still open in M1 retail park have them – also IKEA if you ever head down to them – noticed they had some rolls of material the last time i was in them…..

chewieodie
    Participant

you gals are fab…. Always there with whatever I need! tx

Maria30

Try Tullys on West St either, think they have moved stock from M1 Park back to West St

Taylor5

There is also Remnant Basket in Drogheda which has LOADS as I used purple organza for xmas wedding…

I havent done sewing in years but I would say the Remnant Basket would be the best bet, great choice and stunning stock…. Meaves is a bit of a let down not great, very "hicky" fabrics

Bed sounds great, would have loved something like that as a kid 😆 😆 😆 post some photos on facebook when your finished

Taylor5

NO WAY!!!!! Loved that shop…..

CaliGal

I was at the Remnant Basket in Dundalk a few days before Christmas..has it gone since then?!?!

CaliGal

ok..Didn’t know there used to be one in Drogheda..bummer it’s closed!

chewieodie
    Participant

Aw no! Was planning on going in there tomorrow….. icy road permitting! Grrrr……. 🙁
    That Remnant shop sounded exactly what I was looking for.
    The problem with the 4 poster is that you really need fabric from a roll to make the "roof" and of course the drapery down the sides…. mmmm will have to re-assess…..

Thanks gals for all your input! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.