Marian Keyes – Mystery Of Mercy Close

Home Forums Movies, TV, Books & Entertainment Marian Keyes – Mystery Of Mercy Close

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Anyone picked it up yet? Love, love, love her books. Her writing is so funny and warm and is sprinkled with Irishness (not sure if that’s a word but you know what I mean!). Cannot wait to get my hands on it and actually find the time to read it!! :D

Taylor5

I love her, she is so funny…. i love when she is on the likes of the late late show, wouldnt you love to go on the piss with her 😆 😆 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

She is hilarious – she has a real Irish wit about her. I am going to pick it up this week and get stuck in this weekend hopefully!!

Easons have it for a tenner, going to get it there!

http://easons.com/display.asp?K=9780718 … GRHOE1G9K0

Jedt
    Keymaster

Well I just finished it and here is my review on it…

Reading Mystery of Mercy Close, is like catching up with an old friend over a cupan tea…

The writing and story is brilliant, as you would expect from a Marian Keyes book, but Mystery Of Mercy Close is more than that, it feels familiar and comfortable, the writing is rich and almost lyrical and overall, for me it was utterly unputdownable.

I have been a big fan of her books since I laughed my way through Watermelon many moons ago and as she has gotten older, I think her books are getting even richer and more interesting.

Even though it deals with a serious topic, depression, it is sprinkled with humour and witty ditties the whole way through and never feels like a hard read. She somehow makes a difficult topic enjoyable and also, you feel like you are learning somethingabout the ordeal someone with depression goes through.

I am a pretty fast reader (my husband is always chastising me for turning pages too quickly saying I don’t take the book in properly!) but I could not read this book quickly because I wanted to savour it. As much as I loved reading it, I did not want it to end.

I will definitely read it again in a few months and to cheer myself up after I finished it, I picked up ‘Lucy Sullivan is getting married’ for another read as I had not read this one in years.

I hope we don’t have to wait another 3 years for her next book! My favourite book this year so far. 😀

Yvonne

Sounds like a good read. I love her books too, must put this one on the list!

MaryE

God, i just cant get into it at all……must try harder, im finding it a drag to read so far.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Give it a chance, the shovel list is hilarious!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.