Marian Keyes battle with depression

Home Forums Pregnancy Loss, Bereavement & Depression Marian Keyes battle with depression

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This is a very honest and brave piece of writing from Marian Keyes, about her very difficult struggle with depression. Its not an easy read but may ne helpful to some to read it and see what she went through.

Very brave of her to write it and put herself out there like this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic … kdown.html

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love Marian as a writer. Fair play to her for sharing her story.

Cathmc

Amazing article Sabbi. She articulates so well how depression can completely overwhelm you. You go from being a completely capable functioning adult to a complete mess.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Jedt
    Keymaster

I think the taboo is moving away from depression in Ireland. It used to be something hushed and hidden but not anymore, thank goodness.

Especially now that our economy is in flitters and so many people are struggling with unemployment, salary cuts, huge mortgages (that will not be cut to reasonable amounts by our incompetent government no matter what they promised pre-election), the rising crime rates and other worries we have to deal with, depression is more prevalent than ever before and it is so important that we acknowledge and deal with how we are feeling.

Her new book, The Mystery Of Mercy Close also deals with depression but as is her unique style of writing, she manages to deal with a very serious topic but make you laugh out loud alot along the way. Its kind of an eye opening read. Really recommend it. She is fantastic.

http://www.mariankeyes.com/Books/The-My … ercy-Close

Anonymous
    Inactive

Meant to say, love the username Overworkedmammy – very apt!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.