M.T XMAS CHARITY

Home Forums National Chat M.T XMAS CHARITY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 206 total)
  • Author
    happymumblemum
    Participant

Girls we have been chatting about folk less fortunate at xmas and a few of us would like to organise something maybe a gift donation etc. we had origianlly thought the hospital but think maybe that there is already lots organised there at xmas.
    What charity do you think?????????
    Or any ideas???????????????/
    It has to work logistically too i.e gift collection.

rossylisa

what about SVP my dd has a mass with her girl guides and brings pressents in for that and the school makes hampers as well for them

happymumblemum
    Participant

we will see what every one thinks……….

yummymummy

i dont mind where we donate once its a worthy cause. i would like the gifts to go directly to unfortunate kids. is there a womens refuge/hostel in the town?? dawn is that what its called???

Gismo

What about the homeless aid?? There is a huge amount of homelessness in Drogheda and these guys could do with a hand up? We could do a list of the charity suggestions and then perhaps take a vote on it>?

Joanne06
    Participant

i like the womens hostel idea! A friend of the family was in the hostel in Dundalk n i brought my mam to see her n my god the amoutn of wee kids in there was unbelieveable. All women from homeless to abused ladies. Makes ya think!

Yvonne

Thats a great idea, we could do up boxes of little gifts. It would be nice to give to somewhere local too.

happymumblemum
    Participant

the hostel is a good idea…

EJ

I think its a great Idea – does anyone know if there is a womens refuge/hostel in the town?????

happymumblemum
    Participant

thats what we need to find out ???

wonder how we could even organise gathering all the gifts (if we decide to do that?) maybe arrange a coffee morning one saturday?

meabh

the women’s refuge in drogheda is based in the centre of town near the augustinian church… their phone no. is 041-9844550

joey_rudd

i thought they moved somewhere new!

pinkbabe

If you ask for a list of childrens ages & whether they are boys or girls we could each buy for a child

(would have loved a helping hand my 1st Christmas in emergency accomadation)

meabh

they will be moving up near millmount somewhere but haven’t yet… not sure when the move is planned for.
    not sure if it work buying for each child as it varies who’s there or not… don’t want to buy for them to find there’s new kids there at christmas who we haven’t accounted for.
    maybe just buy communal toys for different age groups or something?

pinkbabe

Yeah I suppose my place was kinda longer term so would’ve worked there.

But in all honesty what is communal toys ? especially for a child who has nothing? Maybe we’d be better off buying a 10/15/20 quid smyths voucher each & donating them

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 206 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.