LOURDES HOSPITAL…NO WATER IN TAP TO WASH HANDS

Home Forums Louth Chat LOURDES HOSPITAL…NO WATER IN TAP TO WASH HANDS

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Was in the Lourdes today. Saw the signs outside for the winter vomiting bug giving advice and used the hand sterilising pump (think thats what it is called) as I went in the main door.

Had to use the public toilets in the main lobby. But when I went to wash my hands I had put the soap on only to discover no water coming out of the ‘new’ tap. Again, big notice over tap saying just put your hands underneath it and water will come out!!!!! If only. There I was with soap on my hands and no water. A lady came in and said still no water, there was a problem yesterday too. She left and went to a different toilet.All i could do was wipe the soap off with tissue and when I asked at the main desk where I could wash my hands I was told the nearest were casualty toilets.

I explained the problem at the front desk and they said they’ll get on to maintenance.

But how can you have toilets in a hospital, with no water coming out of the tap you use to wash your hands.Unhygenic to say the least. Oh and there was the hand gel also in the toilets but isn’t that only for clean hands?

Mummy5

joey_rudd

so thats why they were closed off when i was there
    they had a kind of roped of barrier to the toilets then

its bad when theres only 2 main toilets you can use in the whole hospital for the public

Taylor5

I was in that toilet a few months ago and there was a woman swinging out of the tap 😈 She nearly pulled the tap off the wall trying to get it to turn on, she turned to me and said "Oh this is terrible the bloody taps not working" I showed her the sign right in front of her face saying "Please dont pull the tap just place hands under"
    So Im sure this might be the reason its not working

Canucklass

Those bathrooms are a disgrace in the first instance. Have seen cleaner facilities in tube stations.

munchin
    Participant

have to admit i’ve always hated having to use those particular toilets – though after a scan with a full bladder little choice. I always have a small bottle of that hand wash thingy in my bag – have been carrying one since i had E. always handy if caught out having to change a nappy somewhere with no tap etc etc

mammycool
    Participant

Oh, I hate public toilets – I think they are the same everywhere. I think in a hospital they should have someone checking them once an hour.

Don’t think the level of cleanliness is the best there anyhow! When I had ds two years ago, I was in a private room – the cleaner came in once a day – wiped the sink and the toilet and left. The bed was not made at all, nor the floor swept or washed. My little ds got sick on the floor and I had to call someone in – nursing assistance arrived and offered to hold baby while I cleaned the floor!!! Had no choice as I slipped as soon as I tried to stand up!!! There was winter vomiting there at the time – not really surprised!!"

My friend had her baby a while later in the public ward and there was a much higher standard of hygiene – beds changed daily, etc.

joey_rudd

passing by those toilets today and there was an awful smell of wee coming from them and that was with the door closed
    it was horrible!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

They are very small public toilets for such a large hospital……..any more than two people waiting and guaranteed someone is going to get hit wheh the door opens in!

Just amazed that a hospital that size can have 2 ladies toilets in reception and 2 in casualty……

Could start a whole new discussion on hospital cleanliness…….I was an inpatient 9 months ago and I remember one cleaner coming over to start cleaning the top rails that the curtains run on……..great attention to detail apart from I was stuck in the bed and the dust flew down on me!!!

Taylor5

God I was in the OLOL in September and October for a weeks and 5 days and those toilets were spotless

CC

I was a guest of OLOL for 6 weeks last year and whatever politics are going on in there are affecting the cleanliness of the hospital. The lovely women who service the hospital and have done for years are overworked and run off their feet – the HSE takes on contractors – and ive watched them – have no idea of sanitisation and its a wonder they havent killed anyone with the way they clean. I put this in writing to the HSE in October and still haven’t heard back but i will be following this up to the highest level. rant over, sorry but this makes my blood boil when i think of how lovely those ladies are and the way they are mistreated….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.