Lotto Win at Last!!!

Home Forums National Chat Lotto Win at Last!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Financial Companion
    Participant

Now be honest….how many opened it quicker because of the title? :lol:

Okay, it was €10 on Euromillions but I won’t let it change our life! :lol:

Seriously though folks, I’d be grateful of your valuable help! I’ve moved a couple of the topics that people found helpful to the new Financial Advisor section in "Ask the Expert" to make it easier for people to find and refer back to. I’ve also added a few other topics that I think might be helpful to people. I’d be really grateful for any feedback on the various topics, including how clear they are to understand and any other relevant topics you would like included? Please feel free to ask any questions and let me know what you think, your opinions are greatly valued! :wink:
    Any friends or relatives not on mumstown are also welcome to ask away (and as you know, it doesn’t take long to join Mumstown!)

Music quiz’s, recipes, parking warnings and all other not very financial topics will be posted as usual! :lol:

Maria30

Congrats on your win 😆 😆

Any ideas on what your going to spend it on?

Financial Companion
    Participant

Thanks Maria 😀

I think your keyboard might be playing up…..some words are missing…I’m sure you meant to say "any ideas what your DW is going to spend it on"! 😆

Seriously though, it was a choice between investing it wisely in one of our trusted and loved banks, or else spluttering it away on something like wine!……….Now, where did I put those wine glasses? 😆 😆

Don’t forget to have a look at the Financial Advisor section of ask the expert and let me know what you think? 😉

Taylor5

I won a little over a thousand pounds many many years ago.. .had 5 and the bonus but they didnt payout on 5 and the bonus at the time, but was delighted with my 1200 punts

Financial Companion
    Participant

I won a little over a thousand pounds many many years ago.. .had 5 and the bonus but they didnt payout on 5 and the bonus at the time, but was delighted with my 1200 punts

In early september 1995, we had just arrived back from driving around France, and our 5 numbers got us 844 punts (which I had to split with my mil, we did it jointly at the time), if no.12 had come out instead of 13, it was 2.7 million and no winners that week! (hence I remember the date, stared at the teletext to see if the numbers would change for ages! 😆

Taylor5

I was the same i had 22 and 21 was the 6th number….. if i had 21 (i wouldnt have had as 22 is my DOB) I would have won 1.6 million, no winner that week.

I know a couple from Navan, they are very very well known business people… they had a staff syndicate and one week both the husband and the wife did the numbers, so when they won… they had a 1.16 share each in the syndicate, plus they had a second winning tickets so the had as a couple a half share of the jackpot

About 2 years later their youngest child was learing to write and gave the daddy 6 numbers to do in the lotto…. he took the paper and went to the shop, mam said she was sitting having her tea and the numbers were getting called out, they looked at the childs number and BINGO! She had picked the winner numbers over 6 million….. but the feckin dad hadnt done her numbers! 🙄 He hasnt lived it down, his daughter still brings it up 😆 😆 😆 😆

Moonflower

my sis husband won 5grand on euromillions just b4 christmas..so definately worth buying those tickets!! but must admit havent bought one lotto this year yet..money tighter than usual but my rule is you have to speculate to accumulate !! so i should start buying again really 🙂

chewieodie
    Participant

I actually got lucky last year…… one 4 grand on the euromillions, and then even better, followed it up again a few weeks later with another 4 grand….

The timing was perfect, what with DH being unemployed, it helped us get over what could have been a VERY rough patch! I ALWAYS buy lottery tickets….. 😆 😉

Financial Companion
    Participant

Delighted to hear that Chewie! 😀

Any more of those and I’ll be giving you investment advice 😉

Taylor5

Chewodie thats brilliant…. love to hear people i know winning!!!! Yippee

Your angels were looking after you those days

chewieodie
    Participant

As they always do Taylor…… 😉

Haha I was totally suckered in by that heading 😆 😆

€2 on a scratch card is as good as it gets for me 🙁

I will definetly check out the section and give any feed back we are trying to do the same with the Physiotherapy & Pilates

As they say its good to talk 😀 😀

Gareth.

Financial Companion
    Participant

No prizes but name the actor who used to say "It’s good to talk" in the BT ads?

I’ve put a few updates in some of the topics of the Financial Advisor section of "ask the expert", hopefully people will find them helpful 😉

All feedback welcome!

happymumblemum
    Participant

Bob Hoskins?

Financial Companion
    Participant

Bob Hoskins?

Yep 😀 You’re on the ball as usuall HMM 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.