losing weight

Home Forums National Chat losing weight

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Well done Ej and keep up the good work

Sweetpea

Well done EJ, thats is a fabulous achievement, you are an inspiration. 8)

MissyG, I bring my DD in her buggy and so do some of the other mothers, not a problem. They weigh everyone first (the first 15 mins or so depending on how many people turn up) and then there is a 20-30min talk and tips etc. You join for €20 and pay €9 every week. The €9 every week is a bit steep I think myself but in the first couple of weeks you get booklets and various bits. Personally i think i will got to the meetings up til christmas at least and hopefully by then i will be able to have enough tips and info to keep me going and a few fellow WW to chat to for the nudge when I need it. 🙄
    Did I mention the classes are in the Village hotel in Bettystown? 😳

posie

EJ that is brilliant. The low GI thing is good when you can stick to it.
    I went to the ww in Stamullen during the summer, and it worked for a while, but I think it was too soon after having the baby and I didn’t hold out for long. I lost nine pounds on it just before I got pregnant though.

MissyG

wowee!! fair play to those of you that have lost the weight through different things, i can see there are plenty of options open to me, although i’m looking at the cheapest way to lose the weight as well…
    i must check out the tone & slim & the gi diet too…
    the ww sounds good – i’m just around the corner from the village hotel so would be able to go to that no problem.
    however, i know there’s a class on tmw morn but my lovely dd has developed a nasty chesty cough, her 2nd in about 4 wks & my ds had it twice as well, so i’ve to bring her to the doc tmw & doubt i’d make it in time…
    but will be there next wk anyway & see how i get on – if any of you see me (i’ll be the one with the grey mc laren buggy!) – let me know who you are!!! 😀

EJ

The Tone&Slim can cost €85.00 per fortnight, for both the CLA tabs and the shake. Which is steep, but not as steep as the LIPOTRIM which can cost that much each week. You only follow the Tone&Slim for 16 weeks however. But its safe to take the CLA indefinitely if you like!

I have given up taking their shake – as its hideous – and I buy a soya based protein shake from the health shop at €16.00 per tin, which can last a fortnight. I take it for breakfast, and sometimes for lunch, If Im feeling brave!

So I pay about €38.00 for the tablets each fortnight. You can buy CLA in some health shops though, and they may be cheaper.

WW or Unislim is definitely cheaper, and they work, if you want them to, I just got fed up counting Units, and stressing over paying for that extra bickie with my tea! And I felt that after all my hard work, I deserved a little help over the final hurdle. (Not to mention the Plastic Surgery Im gonna need to repair all the damage to my poor body! Stretched skin, tummy tuck, etc!)

chipbutty

did you ever try hypnotherapy, i was like that aswell over food, went to see a hypnotherapist in Drogheda for other issues, plus over eating had a couple of seesions with him and now i eat very healthy and exercise alot, have a exercise bike in the house i use when babs goes to bed.

He trained my mind not to associate boredom with over eating, as this is when i would eat alot, now i never overeat and am able to keep my weight under control.

bunnacurry

How much was it approximately to see the hypnotherapist and how many sessions did you have to go to? Did you find that it worked after the first seesion ordid you have to return for further sessions? Would be interested in finding more out about hypnotherapy.

happymumblemum
    Participant

Yes Hypnotherapy sounds particulary intersting alright.

Loads of good advice on here, I really have no excuse .. am just lazy if I cant shift some weight

chipbutty

hi there, i went to hypnotherapist as i said for a number of things, it cost 75.00 per session i had about 7 or 8 but after the 2nd or 3rd my eating started to change, the hypnotherapist got rid of all my anxiety and said i was comfort eating as i had a lot of crap going on in my head i had not dealed with so wheni got rid of this i was like a new person.

it is well worth it he trains your subconsious into healthy eating and a healthier life style.

i went to Michael Govers in the Therapy Centre but that lady Bernice Mckenna does hypnotherapy aswell the one admin advertised about a while ago

Taylor5

Girls check out Bernice, our MT hypnotherpist… I just got the info on weight loss from her and its wouldnt work out anything like the money chipbutty paid as she does a complete weight loss package, so you know from the start what your paying…
    I dont want to give the price as its not my place to do so, but pm her for info.
    If she sees a few mums with intrested she may post up the weight loss info…. oh mt’er get a discout 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.