losing weight

Home Forums National Chat losing weight

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    MissyG

hi there,

i haven’t been on for a long time now, things have just been absolutely mental lately plus i’ve had pc problems.. all sorted now & glad to be back!!!
    i’d like to ask for advice on this topic cos i’ve never been on a diet before & i know i desperately need to lose a stone at least cos i’ve become extremely overweight after having 2 kids & gone from working f/t to being a sahm…. i’ve done pilates once a week but it doesn’t seem to have worked for me – not that i can see anyway.
    i’ve looked up weightwatchers but the times don’t suit me & because i’m deaf i’m worried about the communication factor… money is another one.
    i’d really appreciate some advice on this matter as i’m getting really down about it & my confidence is at an all time low. what can i do to shift these pounds?
    thanks.

Taylor5

Hi missy and welcome back.
    I dont know if the mummy blog would suit you, some of the mams post what they have eaten in the day and the same of looking at what you eat makes you cut down, well it should be not in my case it just made me crave for yummy food 😳
    Do you walk a bit during the day…. housework is meant to be great 😆 😆 😆
    other then that Im sorry I cant help, but your not alone. Im sure some of the girls will have great advice for you

Sweetpea

Hi MissyG,
    I know how you feel. I too have gone from F/T work to being a SAHM and all of a sudden it seems that my fridge and I are getting just too familiar 😳 😳 My DD is nearly 1 and I need to lose a least half a stone this side of christmas and hopefully another one after christmas ( plus the extra I know i am going to put on over the christmas 🙄 🙄 ) I am not big into the diet thing but WW is really just about cutting down on the amount you eat and trying to get a balance between the good stuff and the calorie laden stuff. I only started 2 weeks ago and already have lost 4lbs, it doesn’t seem like a lot but a least I’m going in the right direction.
    I know a lot a women who have gone to WW over the years and they all seem to swear by it , so hopefully fingers crossed 😕
    I think they have 3 meeting times every WED one in the morning at 11am ( i go to this one) and 2 in the evening 5.30 and 6.30, I think (not 100% on those times).
    Pauline is the leader and very nice, I’m sure if you explained your situation she would sort someting out for you.
    If you would like to come to the morning meet some wed we could get together

posie

Hi MissyG
    You can do Weightwatchers at home. If you join they will send you all the details you need and explain how to point your food etc – if you look it up on the website you will find out more details. Weightwatchers does work (if you can stick to it) 😕
    Or if you log on to tesco.ie they have a thing called e-diets (I think). You have to subscribe but they might have a good diet for you.
    I understand how you feel regarding confidence etc. When I was pregnant I dreamt of long healthy walks with my baby. But with all the rain over the summer, recovering from a section and the fact that my babs hates going out in his pram/buggy, that all went to pot and I lhave put on so much weight that I look pregnant all over again!!! 😀

happymumblemum
    Participant

Hi Missy g Welcome back

The wieght loss blog on here would probably be a good start as it does help to write down evey thing you eat…hadnt heard you can do weight watchers from home that sounds good however I think the support at these groups is the main thing I would say it could get tedious on your own. Get a friend to lose weight with and help each other along and maybe go walking or swimming with 😀
    I would love to loose 3 or 4 stone as thats what I am over weight but I have zero will power and love my food and hate denying myself yummy stuff..though i eat healthliy I also eat badly IUKWIM and snack like a beast 😆 😆 I would like some one to help me too 😥

MissyG

thanks everyone, i really appreciate all your tips/advice & i will definitely look into it… the ww sounds interesting but would they allow me to bring the baby as well in the pram? my ds is in playschool so it wouldjust be the baby & she’s usually asleep!
    how long does the ww class go on for?

happymumblemum
    Participant

I think I will take the plunge to weight watchers too …any one know the days locations and times of these classes and if you can pay as you go???? Maybe someone would be interested in joining me.

I am out of control with food it is only 12 o clock and I have eaten 2 bags of crisps , huge slice of carrot cake, about 6 tuc biscuits with peanut butter on and three glasses of orange juice 🙁 🙁
    Will make healthy lunch for me and dd when she gets home probably baked beans on jacket spud , fruit salad and yoghurt but what the ****** i eat in between 😳 😳 😥
    Lat time I was weighed I am up to 16 and a bit stone 😥

Sorry for hi jacking your thread Missy maybe we can work on this together 😥

Yvonne

I can eat like that somedays too HMM, especially when I am due! You should have a look on http://www.weightwatchers.ie for class times – I know the Drogheda ones only, Tuesdays (On Trinity Street in St. Vincent De Paul) and Thursdays (In the Westcourt)

happymumblemum
    Participant

Thanks Yvonne i will check those out… problem with me is I know exactly how i could shift the weight and control my eating but part of me doesnt want to 😕 but the other part of me is my old size 10 from 5 years ago screaming to get out 😥

Yvonne

Sure we all know what we have to do, but my inner voice just tells me to eat the nice things only and not as much of the good things!

happymumblemum
    Participant

I actually do like both things good and bad just in huge quantities 😆 😆 😆 😆

Yvonne

I can totally relate to you in that way!!

posie

I regulary go out to the fridge to see what goodies I can find. Not because I am hungry – because I am bored or I think I deserve a little treat for myself. And so I have had to cut out all goodies from my shopping as I have no will power. I haven’t had choc in nearly a week and am very proud of myself!

Yvonne

Thats great Posie, I admire anyone that has willpower!

EJ

Hi Girls: I’ve lost 5 – nearly 6 stone, and had a baby in between! Heres a brief summary of how I did it.

2004 size 24/26, aaaagh, how did that happen!!! Have had 2 babies, am getting married in June 04, join Unislim quick! Lost 1 stone in 4 weeks.

Lost another 2 stone over the year following the Unislim Low GI plan, and counting Units. I still eat Low GI, out of habit, wouldnt live any otherway now! I can tell now too which food options are best by judging their Unit value, which is second nature to me at this stage!

2005 size 20/22, Had baby number 3. Didnt put on any weight!

2006 lost another 2 stone – still watching Units and eating GI, but not attending classes or weighins.

Summer 2007 – put on half a stone! Aaargh! Drastic measures required! Contacted the chemist and asked about what was available, was hinting at the LIPOTRIM shakes, but was not available, and honestly I dont think I could live on shakes alone! Ended up talking to a woman, and sighning up with Tone&Slim, you take CLA (all natural) capsules which convert fat to muscle, and a protein shake once a day, which is available to buy at the chemist. You can also go to fortnightly weighins at no extra charge. I lost 1/2 a stone in the 1st fortnight, now Im nearly at a stone off 10 weeks in! Im very happy, I can eat normally, exercise a bit, and am loosing weight! Im a size 18. And I have about 4 stone left to loose, to be at my ideal weight, however have never been smaller than a 14 as teen or an adult.

SO, good luck to ya!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.