Loosing Weight

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all…
    I am looking for advice on loosing weight, the weight I had lost crept back on and I am really struggling to loose it again, I just cannot seem to stick with anything… as I have very little willpower and struggle to say no!

I do know at the end of the day its eat less move more… but I need something that will help change my mind set and give weight loss a boost…

Thanks, xx

munchin
    Participant

i’m with you yvonne – i just can’t seem to get moving in the last yr and it’s like i’m in that auld vicious circle.
    i know it’s exercise i need more than anything else – must start getting up earlier – i’m up at 6.30 as it is but i have to do something!

Hawkeye

Did you have a look at the tips for losing weight a couple of threads down from this one?

One of the biggest mistakes people make is to try and do what they see on TV instead of a few subtle changes to eating and exercise. The effective slowly and surely way doesn’t make great TV, so it can be unrealistic for many!

Yvonne

It is very hard to try and fit exercise in…
    I can be too tired in the evenings after working and doing homework, housework and dinners!

But yes I do agree, its about making small changes… something I struggle with as I want a stone gone in a week lol!!

But definitely going to start writing down anything I eat ordrink… and maybe I will put why I eat it.. as I can be an emotional eater!

Must look back for those tips!

Taylor5

Green tea is great, cutting out white bread… a brisk walk on your lunch break might be enough to give a kick start

munchin
    Participant

i will have to start the writing down again too

Taylor i used to walk 3/4 times a week on my lunch break but short staffed and over worked 😆 😆 most of time i just eat as i’m working at my desk i know i know i shouldn’t but it’s easier most of the time.

sweetpea1979

Slimming World seems to be the new thing these days…my sister joined and has lost almost 2 stone since jan…she does very little exercise! I’ve joined myself this week 🙂 this plan allows you to eat practically everything, just cut out the white bread…you’re allowed some brown bread and you can still have the chocolate!!! a bonus…

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi sweetpee, where is slimming world in drogheda? what do you think of it an can I ask how much is it? do you have to exercise with it, I don’t think I will have the time…..

twink
    Participant

I started slimming world around christmas- really started working on it around the middle of jan and I’ve lost 1 1/2 stone since then…..the big thing with s/w is to have a min of 1/3 of each of your meals fruit or veg…..so for example I have 2 shredded wheat for breakfast and also an apple and a pear. then for a snack in the morning I’d have a half a melon -or maybe a muller light yogurt with another apple or other piece of fruit, then for lunch I’d have home-made veg soup (if I’m organised) or I’d have poached egg and salad or smoked salmon with 2 slices of brown bread if its the Mccambridge or 1 slice if it’s the Mccluskeys….then for dinner if I’m doing roast that’s fine only I wouldn’t let my potato’s go into the tray with meat and lots of veg on the side- I also make curry using the sharwoods powder and mushy peas (I know it sounds disgusting but it’s lovely….I’ve made it for others andthey all have said it was lovely). the big thing is you have to be organised and have lots of fruit and veg available to snack on- we got a recipie from one of the girls in our class for red pepper hummuos and it’s a great snacking food.
    I did fall off the diet at easter with an easter egg, but back on track again and my aim is for 2 stone lost by the end of april……. fingers crossed- hth

Yvonne

Wow Twink, well done! Great weight loss!

I am in Slimming World a couple of weeks and only have 3lbs off… not great at all…. but I struggle to stick to it, maybe my head isn’t it the right place for it?

Your curry sounds interesting, can you post up or pm the recipe?

Taylor5

twink well done, i do a chickpea, chilli and garlic hummous, it is sooo nice and really hits the spot, i have with toasted pitta or chopped veg

i find if i have chopped mellon or pineapple in the fridge, if i fancy a treat or something sweet a few bits of mellon does the trick, if i didnt have the fruit prepped i would eat the kids goodies

twink
    Participant

Here’s the recepie for my s/w curry…..I use chicken breasts….I chop and cook the chicken, then I do the onions, garlic and whatever other veg I’m putting into it. then I remove all from the saucepan, and I put in the (small) tin of mushy peas and the 2 tablespoons of the Sharwoods curry, mild or medium (or hot if you like 😀 ) and I use the masher to make sure there are no bits of peas to be seen. it also makes the sauce creamier….don’t know why but it does. then I add in the meat and veg and give it a mix then I add in a tin of tomato’s and let it cook. it’s ready once the chicken is cooked. I usually put on the (brown) rice before I start the actual cooking…..it takes (only because the rice takes this long) about 25 mins from start to finish…..and that’s it. I have started using the smaller tin of mushy peas as I’m making smaller amounts because my fridge freezer is full and I haven’t the space so I’m only making enough for one meal… but I use the big tin if I’m making it with 6/8 chicken breasts…. if you do try it, let me know what you think……my kids eat this to clean plates…as do the adults!!!! ps. if you want to make it creamier you can add 0% natural yoghurt during the cooking and my kids add it on the plate (any nat yog will do for them)

Taylor5

6/8 chicken breasts??? how many are you feeding? 😆 😆 😆

Hawkeye

Definitely gonna try that curry! 😀

twink
    Participant

Taylor- I usually feed family and freeze another full meal- we are 2 adults and 3 kids. Yvonne- If you find you are not losing weight – you are probably not eating enough of your free food- if you want to pm me a typical food day I can advise….or if you haven’t much to loose that might be another reason why-the more you have to loose, the easier it happens- my aim was for 2 stone by the end of April(not sure now) but I know I have at least another stone after that to loose. don’t loose heart though- it does work great when you get into the swing of it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.