looking to set up a book club..

Home Forums Movies, TV, Books & Entertainment looking to set up a book club..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there

I love reading books – you know when you find a great book that you can get lost in and thoroughly enjoy – well i like to talk about books without wrecking it for the other person who hasnt read the book yet lol … I was thinking of setting up a book club in the east meath / drogheda area as I cant seem to find a book club anywhere.. maybe I am looking in the wrong place.. but just wondering if anyone would be interested? I could find a venue which would be convenient for all -say every second monday or tuesday around 8pm – well any suggestions or thoughts would be welcome? thanks a mil Louise :)

libby1
    Participant

I think Bookwitch has one already set up…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there – I have googled bookwitch and it as come back with nothing in Mumstown.ie , usually book clubs consist of 8-12 people so I think there is room for one more if people are interested. thanks for your reply 🙂

Jedt
    Keymaster

Sometimes we have a kind of online bookclub going on – if you are reading something at the moment maybe a few of us can also pick it up and have a chat about it on here?

I am reading 50 shades (and not particularly enjoying it tbh) so today I am heading to the library and picking up ‘The Love Letter’ this has been getting great reviews and looks like a good read.

Bookwitch

Hi There,

How is it going setting up the book club I am the bookwitch that Libby 1 mentioned I have been involved with three different bookclubs in Drogheda over the years. It’s great fun, the original mumstown bookclub which I set up in 2007 is still going and there is a new bookclub now meeting evey fortnight at Esquires Drogheda every second Wednesday

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Guys,

Eason have very kindly sent us a box of books – all new releases – and would like some of our members to take and read them and let us know what they think of them.

If anyone would like a book to read and post a review about it afterwards, please let us know. The books are with our compliments and you can pass them on to someone else if you like when you are finished reading them?

You can post on here if you would like to get one….

libby1
    Participant

That would be great , Can i get a book to review , please

munchin
    Participant

oh i’d love to do a review please – and i’m off onholidays on 26th so might even get a chance to read a whole book quickly too 😉
    We’re all avid readers in our house – my mother mainly buys the books and then passes then on to myself and my sisters.

MaryE

Oh i love books but just never seem to be able to read them these days, i start them but dont get to finish them. Im asleep before i get anywhere.

My friend recommended the following two:

The darkest corner by Elizabeth Haynes

The Glass Castle

Anyone read them?

Bookwitch

I would love to receive a book for review

chewieodie
    Participant

How did I miss this post? Yes, I’m an avid reader, and would absolutely love to review…. 😉

libby1
    Participant

Have the books been give out??????

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.