Looking to buy a nice picture for my bedroom

Home Forums National Chat Looking to buy a nice picture for my bedroom

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    libby1
    Participant

Hi
    I am looking to buy a nice picture for my bedroom a sunset or something like that.
    I have about €200 to spend any ideas.

I tried the Highlands but nothing caught my eye.

Ideas welcome

Do you know a place in Slane that sells frames – pictures etc

Its my birthday soon and my friends want to get me a voucher for something thought this was good idea…

I have vouchers for weekends away… Something different

Taylor5

Libby I have a few screen prints in lovely frames, I will take a few photos and email them to you if you want.

libby1
    Participant

Thank you i would love a sunset.

Sabrinab 08

Hi Libby.. my sil is a fantastic artist and can do anything you would like.. one of the other mum’s on here has had a playroom done by her recently and was thrilled with it.. i can pm you her details if you like.. she has a huge collection already and might have something that your looking for or would do one for you 😀 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hiya,

There is an art exhibition on in Ardgillan castle all this week, it ends 15th July. Two local artists Margaret Monaghan and Karen Anne Whyte are displaying their paintings.

They are both based around Stamullen area – so it would be nice to support local artists! You could even commission an original piece by them if you like either of their work.

Also, Ellen’s coffee shop in Bettystown sometimes hang up art pieces by local artists sometimes, they are usually around 120-150 euro, you could have a look in there.

Good luck, hope you find something nice….

ed1
    Participant

Have a look at my brothers photography…..you might see something you like

http://www.pbase.com/richiehatch

If you see anything you like, email him and he will get back to you with a price

He has some fab landscape shots….

angelmum

why not get one painted.i know a girl who does oil paintings and at the monent she is doing a painting for my sister.i have seen her work and it is brilliant.i had taken some photos last year of the sea and a waterfall and a wood with trees and a river.it was a beautiful photo.she looked at all of them and then picked which one she would do.it would mean you would have a picture that is unique to you.no one else would have one like it.she does not charge the earth either,she will frame it and all for you.might be worth your while having a chat with her.her no.is 0876689473.see what you think

trixiebell
    Participant

Have a look at my brothers photography…..you might see something you like

http://www.pbase.com/richiehatch

If you see anything you like, email him and he will get back to you with a price

He has some fab landscape shots….

Oh wow Ed1 your brothers work is fantastic, some fabulous shots in there!! I love them all!! Would love a canvas done of Drogheda landscape, does he do canvases?

Fabienne

Did you go around merrion square in Dublin, every sunday artists are there selling their art work.
    I love it as you can find so many different type of paintings. And if weather nice it’s a nice day out for families.
    In the last 5 years we bought quite a few ( 6 for us plus some more as presents, or friend visiting buying it for themselves), at various prices.
    And some artist will take orders.
    Now just learnt that my friend is painting, so I asked her to do one when she’ll have a chance.

Good luck in your search.

Fabienne

ed1
    Participant

Hi Trixie……

As far as I know he can get them put onto canvas. His email address is Richiehatch@gmail.com.

One of his photos is being used in the new A&E in OLOL hospital. It has been blown up the size of a wall. Its amazing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Del

trixiebell
    Participant

thats fab!

When is the a&e meant to open? It looks like it is almost done?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Del

libby1
    Participant

Wow Fantasic pictures on your brothers website – He is doing my sisters wedding in October….

Have my party on Friday so after that i will look into this

Thanks again for all your replys

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.