Looking for a Childminder in Five Oaks

Home Forums National Chat Looking for a Childminder in Five Oaks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    MaryE

Hi there,

Unfortunately i have to return to work full time in Mid-Feb 2008 after Maternity Leave, so better get my skates on a find a child minder for my beautiful son. He will b e six months at the time

I would really like to get someone (non-smoker) in my estate "five Oaks".

Maybe someone with other children, so he would have some company/ interation with other children.

Does anyone know someone that they can recommend or maybe you are interested yourself (i would need references)?

Thanks, Edel

pinkbabe

hi edel did u post this in minder finder (it’ll get lost in here) Good luck with ur search 🙂

MaryE

Thanks, yeah have it in that section too, just thought more people would see it here.

I got excited there for a second when i saw that i had a reply & thought that i’d found a minder already.

pinkbabe

I’m sorry huni if I was in Drogheda i would be ur girl but I am back in Dub 🙁

Taylor5

Hi Edel
    Im in Five Oaks Village but dont do childminding…. but one of the neighbours does and has for years looks after kids. I could pop in and ask her how she is fixed at the moment and then get back to you.

MaryE

Thaznks a million. That would be great.

rpc

Hiya – try posting on rollercoaster.ie as well – you may find a minder that way. Good luck in finding someone lovely to look after your DS.

Taylor5

Hi there,
    I called into that girl and she is fully booked up and is turning people awayall the time.
    She did say there is a woman in Five Oaks, she didnt know the address but gave me directions to her house.
    Right the directions are as follows, they are as if you driving in from the Dublin Road:
    Turn into Five Oaks and take first Left, follow the road all the way down, the house is either the 2nd or 3rd house facing you. The garden is full of trees and very over grown also they are always cats in the garden.
    HTH
    I’ll keep my eye out for you as there are a few other women who mind kids

MaryE

Thanks anyway.

Not going to panic yet as have until feb to find someone but i’m afraid it looks like my options may be limited.

trixiebell
    Participant

try also posting a small ad in the Drogheda Leader, thats where I found my childminder. HTH.

Taylor5

Im in Five Oaks Village (The View) and would mind him for a FEW WEEKS 😆 😆 😆 if you really stuck, but Im sure you will have someone by then. But keep me in mind if your stuck, I dont child mind but have my ds, would hate to see you in a panic and rush into something for the sake of it.
    I remember what I was like in a total panic about having to find someone, it nearly ruined our first christmas I was sooo stress.

MaryE

Thanks a million Taylor, that is a very kind offer, though hopefully i won’t need to take you up on it.

Trixibell, yeah, plan to take an add out in paper, the first week in Jan 08.

Certainly not going to let it ruin Christmas.

Actually going intp Drogheda this evening to watch them officially turn on the Christmas lights. It is great to, at last, have a child at Christmas.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.