Long weekend

Home Forums National Chat Long weekend

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    libby1
    Participant

Has anyone got any unusal suggestions or ideas???

I am so looking forward to being off for 4 days…..

Taylor5

how old are the kids???

We are heading up to Fermanagh to the marble arch caves.

Fort Lucan
    W5 Belfast
    The Zoo

libby1
    Participant

dd – is 8 and ds – is 11

Spanish student is 16

Taylor5

have a look at fort lucan then, one of the girls only pm’d me last night to have a look at it, havent been in years but looks much better now…. good prices too

trixiebell
    Participant

Omagh – Ulster / American folk park

eastmeathmum

Heard great review about W5 in Belfast, suitable and fun for all age groups.

scole1

exploris – aquarium in portaferry
    planetarium in antrim

friend was at fort lucan said it was great

national aquatic centre blanchardstown
    head out to bray amusements on the shore..

Taylor5

Trim castle is a lovely day out, nice for the student

Carlingford is another nice spot or Ravensdale

i tend to do the tourist things with my kids, i know alot goes over their heads as they are too young, but none the less they have a ball running about in castle or around highcrosses

you cant go wrong with the beach, Port Beach is beautiful but be warned the whole East Coast is full of jellyfish and they are not little… massive yokes!!!!

The open top bus trip in Dublin is BRILLIANT…. you can jump on and off and the tour is very imformative, leant things about the city i was born and lived in, one stop is the National History Museum
    http://www.dublintourist.com/budget_dub … isit.shtml

I have started to pack a bag with a picnic, i did this before but not as much as i am now…. the tide has turned, more like the old days when we were kids, mam brought the picnic and we got our icecreams as the treat.
    Am i the only one doing this now? Or am i a complete scab 😆 😆 😆 😆

happymumblemum
    Participant

Nope picnics all the way here too..went to Ardgillan yesterday armed with sandwiches crisps, fruit, choc. and bottle of diluted squash

Only treat was the Ice Cream and pot of tea for Mammy..grand total of 4 euro for the day out.

Would love to eat in the lovely cafes they have at these places but gone are the days I would pay 4 euro for a slice of carrott cake and 3 quid for a bottle of pop

Taylor5

Thats right my sister, mam and i and the 4 boys (my younger guy had his own treats and drink) went to the Cafe in Rathfarnham castle a while ago, the kids got drinks and a coffee each, and 2 slices of carrot cake, the boys then wanted a treat you know its like a homemade twix, so 3 of them and 3 bags of crisps…… the grand of 32 euro 😯 😯 😯 I would have given the stuff but my sister paid, we worked out 5 euro more would have gotten us a main course over in the local pub!!!! Shocking

munchin
    Participant

picnics in our house too – actually think the kids love the idea of a picnic too. DH takes the kids to the playground sometimes with their lunch and dd1 is delighted. 😀 😀

libby1
    Participant

Picnics in our house too – its the best way to go….

Last Sunday – we went to Dublin for day
    Starbucks for Coffee and treats – €27
    Wax Museum – €37
    And we went for Dinner/ Tea as a Birthday treat – 4 adult portions and 1 childs and drinks in Little Ceasars – €61

We do Family picnics often and we end up having a feast – Loads of drinks, sandwiches and treats…. Everybody else’s tastes nicer….

Taylor5

Was the wax museum any good?

God that was an expensive trip out… starbucks yum yum, Little Ceasars yummy too

happymumblemum
    Participant

I am planning a Dublin day out soon for dd

libby1
    Participant

Wax Museum was ok
    Would not rush back – very little to keep children amused

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.