Londis Closed down!

Home Forums National Chat Londis Closed down!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

The "new" Londis on the Dublin road that opened during the summer where Egans food hall was (blackbull) has closed down. This means we dont have a local post office I had to drive to ballsgrove to post a letter
    Is this shop the first casualty for the credit crunch or the cross border shopping?

trixiebell
    Participant

OMG 😯 😯

Why did Egans sell that shop? Was it not always busy when they owned it?

Suppose the new shopping centre down there had done it no favours either.

Dunnes in SH was empty today, and the new tescos was busy enough? is there room for all these shops now in drogheda?

Dinomum

Its terribly dissapointing to see that shop gone as the post office was very handy….there is an An Post sign on it to say it is a temporary closure but who knows. The shop was never the same though after londis took it over..

sunnydaze

Can anyone tell me where the nearest post box and/post office is for Dublin Rd residents? Such an inconvenience without the one in Londis!!

Sherbert

The nearest one i found was on bloody Shop street! I tell ya one thing, they better get their feckin arses in gear and get a post office and post box up this side of the town pronto! Its just not good enough!!!! And another thing, I certainly hope a path is being put in on the dublin road on the Five Oaks side!!! One cannot cross the road safely (especially with a pram) to reach the path on the other side without taking your life in your hands with the traffic. If you want to cross the road safely to go up to Dunnes in Colpe Cross, you have to walk down to the Black Bull pedestrian crossing and walk all the way back up!!!!!!!!

Taylor5

Sherbert Im in five oaks an turned back from Colpe last week as I could cross the road (with a buggy and 3 year old) I walked up the hard shoulder for about 100yards and was soaked with the spray from the cars

Sunnydaze there is the main office on West Street, then you have ballsgrove (in the Londis shop) and then there is one over in the boynecentre (again in the supermarket) and Yellowbatter over the northside. You would be quicker going to the sub offices outside the town as west street does but packed.
    You also have Laytown and Bettystown

Sherbert

Its an absolute joke, there should be more post boxes in the area!

As for the hard shoulder outside Five Oaks, its an absolute joke being expected to walk on that side. Its an accident waiting to happen and will have to be sorted out!!!

Taylor5

There is a post box in wheaton hall but I dont know if its still in use as its a new box with no markings or postal times.
    There is also a postbox on Mary street outside the old post office.

Sherbert

No the one is Wheaton Hall has removed when the post office opened at Londis. Unless it has been reinstated in the past few days. Where’s Marys Street when its at home?

Taylor5

The one in Wheaton Hall was moved, its now just beside the gate to the playschool (around at the shops, beside the bookmakers)
    Mary street is where the old post office was down near the big church on the Dublin Road, the Post office closed but I would imagine they left the post box outside, will check the next time Im passing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.