Limescale GRRRRRR

Home Forums National Chat Limescale GRRRRRR

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Haveing a big problem with limescale in the last few weeks. Have toilet for 5 years *& suddenly there is terrible Limescale stains in bowl. No matter how much I scrub it wont come off! Used Lidl Limescale remover which is super on everything else…. wont budge, toilet duck, Domestos!! Really annoying me. Anyone know of some industrial super duper potion to help!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Try Coke?? they use that to get rust off cars apparently!

Taylor5

I was given a tip for another mumstowner a few weeks back and it worked wonders, Denture tablets…. about 4 into the bowl over night and its clean in the morning. Its doesnt remove the limescale but it cleans it iykwim. if you want to remove it get your toilet brush and brush up and down the water level will drop, top the level up with White Vinegar . You can buy the denture tablets in Aldi or the 2 euro shop, Tesco do big large bottles of Vinegar for a little over a euro..
    I have a water softener, it cost about 700e and i have no limescale, i never restocked it with salt over the summer and i couldnt believe how quick the lime built up in the system.

I was only thinking today we should have a "Clean Tips" Section.

Anyone have a clue how to clean/dust between the groves on a double Rad, all my rads are doubles and the dust is think in some of them

munchin
    Participant

oh i’m gonna have a go at that on our toilets over the weekend – they drvieme mad that no matter how hard i clean i can’t clear the limescale marks etc….. dh gone shopping and i’m sure he’s roaring laughing as i’ve just sent him a text asking him to buy denture tablets and large bottle of vinegar 😆 😆 😆 😆

Financial Companion
    Participant

Has anybody got the water softener system that is advertised regularly in the Drogheda Leader? The one that is either a full or half page and says that it is about half price at something like €695? (Leaving aside the fact that to advertise any price as reduced, it must have been displayed at the full price for at least 28 consecutive days within the previous 3 months, whereas this has been advertised as half price for about a year!).

I know from people that got other systems in a few years ago there is a huge difference in the water and all of their appliances (they also say their hair lathers better with the shampoo but I don’t think I need to be too concerned about that 😉 )

Waffy1

Taylor it’s not built up below water level, just down the back where the water comes out down to the water level. Will the vinegar get rid of this? Should i pour it over it & leave overnight?

libby1
    Participant

I have the water softener system thats advertised in Drogheda Leader, its from EWT..

The difference in our water is great, no lime in kettle / showers

You buy a bag of salt a month €6 a go..

kjmam

i had same prob got cillit bang toilet cleaner and toilets are sparkling and lime free without the scrubbing

Financial Companion
    Participant

I have the water softener system thats advertised in Drogheda Leader, its from EWT..

The difference in our water is great, no lime in kettle / showers

You buy a bag of salt a month €6 a go..

That’s great Libby, how big is the unit they fit and is it in or outdoors? Do you have to buy the salt from the suppliers or can you get it anywhere? Would you recommend it?

libby1
    Participant

I buy salt from Drogheda Providers , def recommend it, our unit is outside, when its serviced we got free salt from them or when they put it..

I got my back decked and the guys built a box around,
    Evening the drinking water is so much better, they put in a drinking water tap too..

Taylor5

We have ours out on the Decking too, my dh built a box around it, i get my salt in DPL too. Well worth the investment… i will check the name of the guy i bought from, he was hundreds cheaper then those companies years ago, im sure its the same now.

A pea size bit of shampoo and loads of sudds, you use less washing powder and electricity too, so its win win

Taylor5

I know what your talking about Waffy, if you soak kitchen towels in vinegar and try push them up over the stain, then pour more vinegar over them, this should work….. if not break out the chemicals and use cilit bang

mammycool
    Participant

Ha, I have the exact same problem where the water comes in. Spent an hour the other day scrubbing my loos. Got most of it off but I shall have the vinegar and towels out tonight!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.