Lets spread it across the country….

Home Forums National Chat Lets spread it across the country….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi girls,

I just want to say I had a lovely time at the Bagel b*r parent & toddler coffee morning today. It’s great how it has grown each month as new members sign up to mumstown.

I’ve met some lovely parents from all over the place and its nice to get together locally and have a chat and let the kids play every few weeks.

I hope the local success mumstown is enjoying in Drogheda can happen in other couties too now that mumstown has gone national.

I’ve emailed some friends and relatives of mine in Cork, Dublin and Waterford and said they should sign up and get things going locally in their area too.

It’s a great way to get advice and meet other parents. I’d be lost without it some days!

S.

joey_rudd

yes it was lovely to meet other mums today but i was kind of too busy to talk D is being toilet trained and its not catching on too well, had to keep going to the toilet with her 🙄
    which it would be better if there was a toilet near the bagel b*r on that floor

even my sister and bil was amazed at how nice it was in the bagel b*r today
    hope it catches on other places too

kcireland

Great turn out today and so nice to see familiar & NEW faces!

I’m biased when I say this … but I’d love to see Mumstown grow.

So please, tell your friends to join us so they can start sharing their local knowledge, too 😀

Thanks!

Yvonne

It was my first time going and I persuaded my friend to go too, she had never been before and we really enjoyed it. It is very well presented.
    Joey, you looked well, fair play to you, Inara is gorgeous, so tiny!

CC

my first time too – I was a bit late so missed out on a good seat but nonetheless will try to be early next time!! thought the make-up although lovely to watch wasnt very relevant to me since my achievement of the morning was that i actually got a shower!!

munchin
    Participant

roll on my maternity leave – when i can attend too 😉

joey_rudd

It was my first time going and I persuaded my friend to go too, she had never been before and we really enjoyed it. It is very well presented.
    Joey, you looked well, fair play to you, Inara is gorgeous, so tiny!

thank you, i can’t believe how well your two were behaved and is getting so big
    🙂

Hi girls,

I agree that the mother and baby morning in the B*gel B*r is great. I finally got in gear to go to it last month and met some lovely girls. Unfortunately my maternity leave was up this week and so I couldn’t make it on Tuesday. I guess the point I want to make is that although I understand why these things are on midweek, as a working mum, a blow in to Drogheda and someone who doesn’t work in the town I feel that opportunities for me to meet other local mothers are few and far between. It would be nice if even every once and a while these things were organised for a Saturday morning. Just my opinion.

Razzle Dazzle 🙂

newmomma

Hi all,

Great idea Razzle Dazzle, I’m a blow in myself and working too so a weekend meet every now and then would be great. Don’t know how easy it would be to arrange one of these??? 😕

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi girls,

I don’t see why we couldn’t do one on a sat morning….

The Bagel bar are planning to run one in their Balbriggan store soon so maybe that could run on a Sat morning?

I’ll ask them about it and post it if its a goer so watch this space….

also, there are mumstown nights out everey so often so you could come also come along to one of those.

Thanks Sabbi…that would be great. 🙂

newmomma

Hi Sabbi,

Please do keep us posted on the Balbriggan Bagle bar meet. Thats where I’m living now and it would be great to have a local Saturday morn meet 😀

MissyG

oh when is the next mumstown night out??? 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi girls,

The lovely guy who organised the Gosh cosmetics for us at the B*gel bar last week wants to organise a parent & toddler in the balbriggan Bagle Bar but was not sure if there were enough mums from Balbriggan who know aboutmumstown….

I’ll let him know there are a few logging on now so it could be a good idea to start this one up.

Newmomma, if you can, perhaps let your neighbours & friends know about mumstown and we can get the balbriggan section of the site going in the north county dublin page.

MissyG, I have an idea for a night out soon…..I’ll come back to you with details asap.

I think we could all do with a few cocktails after that awful budget!! p.s. – we’ll make sure to get them at a special reduced price like last time!

munchin
    Participant

i work full time too and we have organised a few sat meets ourselves – just put up a post suggesting a few sat and pick a venue
    i can’t do it next few weeks dd has swimming until may then babs due but was handy enough to organise 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.