Leisure Centre – Swiming Pool

Home Forums National Chat Leisure Centre – Swiming Pool

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Any recommendations or suggestions.. Would like to join the gym / pool for the winter? Looking for family membership 2 adults and 2 children 11 and 14 yrs old… :D

In Drogheda Area. please

Recently joined Aura Love it! But here integral is really good too.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hearing nice reports about Boyne Valley too, my Dad goes there and loves it

Taylor5

Hearing nice reports about Boyne Valley too, my Dad goes there and loves it

Someone did say the Boyne Valley are doing great offers, i was a member years ago but wasnt a lover of the place, i found the ladies changing rooms not very clean, i have a thing about touching wet hair and a few times in the showers i got someones long hair on me!! 😯 😯 😯
    I took a tour of Aura and it looked great, i was thinking of calling over to the BV to see if they cleaned the place up.
    I really miss the Bettystown court, it had the best pool around.

I think you need to factor in the drive to the gym and the pool times, I dont like the fact that Aura is a public pool, at least the BV you wouldnt be invaded on a sunny day. I was a member in the Westgate but i never went over, i hated the drive to the otherside of the town

mammycool
    Participant

Hi there,

I have been looking at this as well.

Aura costs 87/month for family membership for 2 adults and 2 children. You can sign up for a three month contract or a 12 month contract. You can also go in and try it out as a pay as you go customer first – at least then you would know quick enough if you like it. They have adult swim and classes for 5euro at certain times.

Energie costs 89/month for family membership for 2 adults and 2 children. Same with the contracts. You can go in and have a look around but I found the membership person very pushy. Also, noticed quite a few machines not working. You can suspend your membership for a few months and start up again.

Let us know what else you look at.

twink
    Participant

I can verify the pushy membership girl in energie- I was totally put off by her constant calls – I actually ended up telling her not to ring again and I won’t be calling over to the leisure centre 😡

Taylor5

I dont like pushy sales people, i worked in sales for a while inbetween jobs and i never push a sale i would give the "oh i will let you think about it" and they would say "oh no, i think i will go for it" Nothing worse then going into a car garage with a pushy sales man that thinks because you havent got a penis that you know nothing about cars….. a Drogheda garage lost a sale with me last year over it

mammycool
    Participant

Ah the energie girl is a bit like that – she spoke directly to my husband. He was all set for signing up there and then until I pointed out that he could not(he was having a hernia op two days later). He has since got the phone calls.

libby1
    Participant

I drove around today and had a look with the children. i didn’t do BoyneValley Hotel, i hate driving, out of there, i also had a watch taken out of the locker when i swam there before.

Aura looked the best for us, €89 a month for 2 + 2 – Pool times for children was 8pm in the evening , all the rest where 7..
    Most important – a Lifeguard was on duty at all times and my two can swim on their own while i am in the gym.
    My ds can be in the gym from November and Aqua aerobics are included in the price..

Taylor5

very good, are the classes covered in that or is that extra?

libby1
    Participant

Aqua AEROBICS is covered… not sure about others…

mammycool
    Participant

Most of the classes are covered – the Kettleballs and something else are not. If you get a timetable – the classes in red have an extra charge(they bring someone in to give these).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.