Leg pain at 25 weeks

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Pregnancy & Birth Leg pain at 25 weeks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Babs

I am almost 6mths pregnant and am finding it very difficult to sleep as my legs are so painful! Its grand when I lie down at first but I am woken up by the pain (not so much a cramp as an uncomfortable pressure in the muscles). It feels like I have ran a marathon. I am exhausted as cannot get a proper nights sleep. Can you suggest anything?

Taylor5

Hi Babs
    how are you feeling? I have this pain but not every night, its sooo bad with me tossing and turning dh is now in the spareroom 😳 I find if I sleep in the fetal position with a pillow between my knees that Its alot better…. I also bet itchy feet at nightime which is a killer too….

Babs

Get itchy skin at night too…hubby has also been banished into spare room, for all our sakes! Didn’t get achy legs last night though. Read that could be due to phosphorus (found in processed food) so cut out diet coke (am a devil for diet coke, allowed myself one a day whilst pregnant) and seems to be working!! Just cannot sleep now because of being generally pregnant, but nothing three more months won’t cure!!! 🙄

Taylor5

I got an oil burner ands some lavander oil and it was the first night in a long time that I woke in the position that I went asleep so not much kicking about.
    Dh is delighted to be banished to the other room he is getting a great nights sleep

TracyDonegan

You poor thing – sleep deprivation before your baby arrives is just brutal !! Do mention it to your midwife/doctor at your next visit. Have you tried taking a warm bath before going to bed?

Tracy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.