Leg cramp….ouch!!!

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents Leg cramp….ouch!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    mammycool
    Participant

Oooh – I got these too on both pregnancies – absolute torment!!! A good leg message before bed. Clairol also do a mum to be pack that has a leg gel – found this very nice.

I actually started to get this again before Christmas – one leg only – not pregnant this time. I took the calcium and potassium – to no avail. I tried pain killers and this worked. So I went to the doctor. The doctor said that there was nothing wrong with my leg – it was most likely a trapped nerve in my back. He recommended back massage to sort it out. He also gave me difene gel to rub on my back – thought he was a bit nuts, as I did not have any pain in my back. Anyhow, did what I was told – it got rid of the restless leg sensations. I now do have back ache- not all the time but I am getting about to that back massage.

I know you cannot use the gel but maybe a pregnancy massage would help?

Taylor5

Ouch still can feel them, i used to get them in my feet too, my whole foot would lock up… i would jump (or roll) out of bed and hands on the wardrobe doors then take a step back and stretch out my leg, its PAINFUL but if you stretch it out its over much quicker.

I was told bananas and a vitb and zinc supplement, but consult your gp or midwife…. the things you forget about pregnancy 🙄 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.