Leap pad for christmas???

Home Forums National Chat Leap pad for christmas???

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

i have 2 kiddies one is 4 and the other 6….. i was going to buy one of them each for christmas but i am thinking will they use it??? has anyone got them?? 😕

Anonymous
    Inactive

Taylor, do your research… read reviews etc and then decide if that is what you want to do. It was the right decision for us.
    We’ve also got the Wii, so we’ve totally got the games side of things covered too! :lol:

chewieodie

My kids, 4 & 6 have the Leapfrog explorer, which has the games which are compatable with the leappad. Honestly, they are the best things we ever bought. We limit use on them, but I love the fact that they are learning things through fun games…. from maths to spelling etc, etc…. we’ve actually bought them both the camera attachment for their explorers this year, as another add on experience.

If I had to do it again…. I wouldn’t hesitate.

Jedt

Definitely one each, your heart will be broken if you only get one. These last years and you will get the use out of them. Smyth’s have some good deals on at the moment if you are planning to be super organised and buy early!! 🙂

munchin
    Participant

funny i was going to get the leap pad for my 5yr old and asked my sister – her little fella has one and basically she said for the price you pay i was better off going straighht to the ds

my dd has a ds and her friend has leap pad she said its not as good as the ds.

chewieodie

As a matter of interest, can you track the child’s progress on a DS? As I said, we don’t have the leap pads, we’ve got the explorers, I wouldn’t bother with buying leap pads because we have the explorers…. but I like the fact thatI can go online, link up either ds / dd’s explorer and I can see if they need to concentrate on their reading / sums / spelling…. etc etc…. so, although its a game, it is most definately a learning tool.

I don’t have much experience with the DS, other than my own (brain training etc… 😆 ) so I don’t know how good they are in terms of learning apps…. 😕

i dunno my dd just uses it for playing games with hers and takes pictures of fridges, bins, cats and mammy asleep 😆 but you can block them from going on the internet on the the ds. dd has a leapster its in the draw gathering dust she likes the ds better.

Taylor5

No you cant track progress on the DS, that sounds great, might look into one for ds2

mammycool
    Participant

Oh, I was looking at the V-motion – which kinda looks like it might be a pre-school version of the Wii. My thoughts being that at least it will keep them moving as well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

we have the ds and my kids are not all that into the games!!! we also have the wii they play now and again…. they love playing with the camera and apps on my mobile so the Laeppad was a good idea it also teaches they there hand writting and helps them to read so i think it is a great educational toy for them it also has a video camera on it where they can take pictures and add picture art to them which they love ….. giving me my mobile back 😆

Waffy1

Managed to get a Leappad yesterday from Smyths. Was really hard got… preordered it on line as were out of stock everywhere. Got a text when it arrived & had to show text & they had to delete it in the shop before they’d give it to me!!! So if you really want one start seriously looking now. Havn’t set it up yet but i’m loving the idea of it. Can read stories, do art, learn to write, camera, video & loads of apps avaliable to download. Think ds will be delighted with Santa this year!

chewieodie

Good for you…. 😉
    Still a year later hasn’t lost the sparkle for our two…. we have all the games, and they swap between themselves… and BIG time help with sums and reading…. can’t praise the leapfrog range highly enough…. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.