Lead in Water

Home Forums Louth Chat Lead in Water

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bookwitch

There are reports of levels of lead in drinking water above recommended safe levels in a number of areas in County Louth. Has anyone heard anything about this? It was on TV3 news and on RTE website.

rossylisa

just read that there …i got a water company out to test our water back in the summer and it was disgusting if i could afford to get a filter fitted i would ..the glass of water that she tested looked like someone had poured an ashtray in to it 👿 😯

noeleenw

we got our water tested too with one of these filter companies – they made it out that we where drinking slurry 😮 😮 we got it tested ourselves by a lab in drogheda and it was fine 😆 😆 😆 the filters are very expensive – well the one they where selling anyway we got a voucher for wine buff out of them 8)

Dinomum

It was in the Irish Independent this morning, they said that the lead was detected in water tested in the older parts of Drogheda and Dundalk and in some commercial, residential properties and at least one public house !.

People who are living in more recently built housing estates and newer areas of the town should not be too concerned, as lead pipes have not been used for drinking water for at least the last 50 years or so….

MissyG

i got the water treatment done not so long ago & my brother’s friend is a rep so he looked after us.did comprehensive tests & we were honestly shocked at the state of the water (& we live in a new ish area) – we’re washing ourselves in it, our clothes, drinking it, boiling our veggies in it etc.. so that was all we needed to see – so took out a dredit union loan for it as an alternative to finance the company was offering, & its been the best thing we’ve ever invested in – everything’s so much cleaner & the water’s even nicer to drink! plus, we don’t have to descale all our appliances as much & the washing machine & dishwasher are working great – clothes coming out the cleanest i’ve ever seen them & the dishes are sparkling… its a worthwhile investment & i would recommend it to anyone….

Taylor5

You can go to Bohills in Drogheda and get your own water treament thingy, its just like the one they do the hard sell at the door for. But its a fraction of the cost, we got ours and fitted by a local plumber for less then 800 euro so no need for the massive loans if you buy from these companies that call to the door….. We had one of those guys call an he did a test on our clean water and it was all yucky, he ate the head off me and stormed out when I asked could he explain how we had lime etc in our water then we had a softener already fitted, so dont believe what you see. If you want to test your water get it done throught an independant company like enviornmental services (a local drogheda company) and not someone trying to sell you a product

MissyG

we didn’t go with any of the companies that called to the door. we went with my brother’s friend’s co. & we trusted what he was telling us was true as we know him yrs & my bro got it done as well & we’re vvvvv happy with what we got out of it… i’d rather go with people that come highly recommended rather than trusting a total stranger to do it.

Taylor5

Your right MissyG, I wouldnt trust any of those hard sell guys at the door….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.