Le Cheile

Home Forums Education Le Cheile

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Went to the school meeting tonight, think there will be tears from this mammy in September!
    Really love the school and great to see so many faces i know, so plenty of ds1’s little friends going to the school… Got my book list and have been online and ordered my books, all i need now is the school tracksuit and im sorted

super minder

i moved jack from a school in donore to go to le cheile . and all i can say is wonderful ,wonderful , wonderful. jacks a little behind reading and spelling age but high in maths and science and both his resource teacher and his own have been great. they praise and bring out the best the children care be . and no problem writting little notes to say jack had a got week etc. now now can do joined writting and is neater. and may god is he happy. and is aloud go to the toilet when he needs too. xxx

if i won the lotto tomorrow i would give to them . what a great team. and for all the little ones starting good luck and they will love it.

Taylor5

its such a hard choice to pick schools but taking to the staff in le cheile it make you realise you have made the right choice.
    Delighted yoru little lad is doing so well there, its half the battle if the kids are getting supported and treated with care and respect

Taylor5

No going back now, got his books in the post this morning, ordered them with ABCbooks.ie only 6.50 to Deliver and if you click on cover books you get them covered for Free… happy days!
    So up to the press until September 1st

rossylisa

Your well a head of yourself Taylor. 😆 I got DD a bag in the bag shop in SH yesterday because it was only 8 euro.
    Glad he got into the le cheile, my nephew is in that school and loves it. my niece was meant to start but didnt get a place so she is waiting til next year to get her in now.

Maria30

Taylor,

Your so organised. I must remember that website when ds1 gets his booklist. They dont get it til last wk of school so I ll probably have long forgotten about the website.

Marks and Spencers have uniforms in stock at the minute too

Taylor5

Le Cheile dont wear uniforms, they have polo shirts and tracksuit, will get to see it on the open day in June… but ds1 is telling me he wants to wear his own clothes
    maira i will remind you about the site.

Taylor5

I have to go to the school the week after next to meet his teacher, his friends from playschool are in the same class… there are two classes, class 1 and class 2… his little girlfriend is in the other class, he said he didnt care but last night was talking about her alot and asking why she was the only one in the other class, hope she wont be upset come september

Taylor5

Ds got to see his class room the other day, he was delighted and so was daddy! Daddy hadnt had a look at the school and he isnt going to come to his first day of school ( thinks it will upset him and wants it to be like anyother normal day iykwim)
    Great to meet all the boys and girls in his class, im delighted that his close friends and some neighbours are in his class, very very happy
    Ordered his uniform too… he is nearly 5 and we had to get 7/8 uniform 😆 😆 😆

Maria30

Delighted to hear your ds1 got on so well. Its great when they know some of the kids in the class too.

Taylor5

Yeah very happy with who is in his class and who isnt 😆 😆 😆

Really looking forward to school now, its such a huge step in their little lives…. but its all positive, he loves information and to learn things, i kinda feel like he can only learn so much from me 😆 😆 😆
    Maira if my ds does half as well as your guy he will be doing well, think they get it from their dads, my dh is an engineer and think thats where ds gets his love from maths and puzzles…… as you know he doesnt get it from me 😳 😳 😳

munchin
    Participant

ah Taylor all sounds great
    my nephew is starting in Sept too (diff school) and he has his open day next week

rossylisa

I had DDs opening night on thursday for ballmakenny (sp), Oh how the years are flying by

Maria30

Taylor,

I m sure your ds1 will do great stuff at school and your right they can only learn so much from us as parents. My ds1 loves school especially maths, hes even talking about being an accountant when he leaves school ( hope he changes his mind and decides to do something more interesting) but having said that if thats what he wants to do then I ll support him.

School is such a big step for the child and the parent. But think its harder for parents, kids tend to take it in their stride

Taylor5

Yeah Maria my ds is like that too… but he wants to work with computers with his daddy! He daddy tells him he has to be good at maths like him, so think thats where he gets his love of figures….. deffo not from me 😆 😆 😆
    I did feel a bit tearful the other day, but after spending an hour there and seeing all the happy kids, its not a negative time for them… anything but, its going to the most wonderful time of their little lives

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.