laptop

Home Forums National Chat laptop

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    chewieodie
    Participant

Needing to get a laptop, as this ‘ol pc of ours has seen better days….
    So, any ideas of local suppliers…
    Looking for reasonably high spec…. as DH will use it for business etc…

I’ve searched all the usual… pcworld, curry’s, amazon, play, harvey norman,ebay….

anywhere I’m missing?

libby1
    Participant

Got one in Powercity before xmas or what about Sony in ScotchHall

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dell do refurbished laptops, computers etc. My brother is big into his computers and buys from Dell, same for my Dad. Get what you want at a good price. Here’s what Dell say about refurbished laptops etc. Worth a look..

Dell Outlet Inventory Descriptions

Certified Refurbished PCs are laptops and desktops that have been returned to Dell, put through the production process, and then again retested to ensure they meet all original factory specifications. Certified Refurbished systems may have some observable cosmetic blemishes, but they will not affect performance.

Scratch and Dent products are systems with considerable cosmetic blemishes that do not affect performance. They are a great way to save money while still enjoying Dell Outlet’s rigorous rebuilding and testing process. Scratch and Dent computers will not have scratches or pits on the screen, missing or illegible letters on the keyboard, or damage to the touchpad or palmrest.

http://ireland.dell.com/ie/en/dfh/Dell- … &cs=iedfh1

chewieodie
    Participant

tx ladies…. 😉

libby1
    Participant

I brought my last from Dell
    Cost me so much money – would not recommend them at alll

Anonymous
    Inactive

depends on what spec your looking for sometimes….but you can always add an external hard-drive.

trixiebell
    Participant

I have a Dell as well, and it was very expensive, i wouldnt recommend it either, mine overheats and the internal battery needs replaced. Have to keep the charger on all the time or it switches off

chewieodie
    Participant

oh dear, Dell doesn’t seem to be winning many votes here…. DH is fond of Sony and HP, so it will probably be one of those…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.