Lady Gaga, Born this way (what, stupid??)

Home Forums National Chat Lady Gaga, Born this way (what, stupid??)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So she was in town at the weekend for her Monster’s Ball. I actually quite like her music and while she is a bit off the wall, she does not annoy me like the many non talented stars out there. Her songs are catchy and she is interesting and different.

I am curious though about what happened at the weekend here….

Her fans are well know for their emphatic love for her and I am sure there was much excitement when she came to Dublin Saturday night but if anyone on here was at the concert, I would love to know, how did it go down when she said ‘Its great to be back in the UK’???

For someone who claims to be so close to her fans, you would think she would have been aware which country she was in??

Silly girl…

happymumblemum
    Participant

uh oh!!!!

Shes not the first and won’t be the last…I hear that ALL the time in the 02 Arena where I work..

Not just Lady Ga- Ga who is stupid!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Its Ireland! How hard is that to remember?? In fairness, we are a popular and well known little nation and you would think someone coming to do a gig here would know who we are….

I used to get this all the time when I went to the US for work, they thought Ireland was part of the UK and more than once, put up a union jack up when I was doing presentations. They were not being deliberately ignorant, they just did not realise we were a separate country. I did not take offence the first few times but I did try to explain to them that we are our own nation and that we have our own flag, language and all that (They thought I was joking about the language part!).

However, when they made the same mistake again a few months later- after I had explained to them that we have our own country & flag etc – then, I was a little bit peeved. Not knowing is one thing but knowing and not caring, is another.

So, when I had a bunch of Americans over to do a presentation to my team in Dublin, I put up a Canadian flag for them. Needless to say – they did not make that mistake again!! 😆 😆

I just think that if an ‘artist’ is coming to do a concert, they should at least get the name of the country right. She sold out the gig and was making a fortune off her ‘little Irish monsters’ and she could have at least known the name of the country she was singing in!!

happymumblemum
    Participant

Hello London!

munchin
    Participant

was talking to a firend of mine who was at the concert and said she never heard Lady Gaga say she was in UK, said she talked about the fans that have followed her all around the uk and now to Dublin but she never heard her say anything that indicated she thought she was in uk. My friend said she only heard this in the news the next day. She actually said it was a brilliant concert

Jedt
    Keymaster

Ah good, I am glad the fans enjoyed it. Maybe they misreported it on the news then? Wouldn’t that be shocking???

Even Ray D’Arcy mentioned it though, so there must have been some confusion about what she said.

Glad it was good concert, its great when the person you go to see is actually good! Have been to a few where they weren’t so great!

Taylor5

Didnt someone in Slane a few years ago, say "hello Dublin!" Was it Madonna?

joeyrudd

i was at the concert saturday and i never heard her say anything about the uk…great concert though

mammycool
    Participant

David Bowie played in Slane in the 80’s and said "Hello Dublin". We were just discussing this yesterday. You could piss off a lot of fans that way!!

Taylor5

David Bowie played in Slane in the 80’s and said "Hello Dublin". We were just discussing this yesterday. You could piss off a lot of fans that way!!

Someone else did it again, it the late 90’s early 00’s… i remember someone telling me there were at it and nearly died at the comment. I think it was Robbie Williams.

joeyrudd

the only thing she did was to keep calling everyone dubliner’s

Taylor5

Well you were in Dublin… 😆 😆 😆 You were Dubliners for the night

joeyrudd

Well you were in Dublin… 😆 😆 😆 You were Dubliners for the night

fair point 😆

MaryE

I heard that she was amazing, very interactive with the crowd & even opened gifts from the fans while on Stage.

Didnt hear about the uk thing but i was talking to a French girl so maybe she didnt notice the comment.

happymumblemum
    Participant

Bet you didnt know they were giving out tickets for free in the street 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.