Killer in your fridge??

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Killer in your fridge??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Hawkeye

I received a very long email with details of someone who’s health had gone downhill quite quickly, all kinds of things were being diagnosed including MS, when a family member realised that she drank diet drinks containing ASPARTAME. She stopped drinking them and the next day rapidly improved. I was sceptical with all the additional details about how MS and Lupus have been wrongly diagnosed in many patients when it was just a reaction to this sweetner, so I did a bit of searching. I was going to post a link and also mention the brands that aspartame is sold as but all you need to do is google "Aspartame" and there are countless sites dedicated to warning people about it. Worth checking the ingredients on anything that may have an artificial sweetener! If anyone wants to see the full email, PM me and I’ll pass it on. Dave.

Taylor5

would you pass that onto me please…. with very close links to ms i would be really be intrested in this. Im off to check the fridge now

Taylor5

OMG im in shock!!! Everything from chewing gum to yogurts, i could pick out a good few things i eat or use on the list. I know the ms consultants tell you to eat fresh foods, no processed foods…. but they dont say much about drinks

Jedt
    Keymaster

Its in so many things, even ‘sugar free’ drinks etc for children often have it in them, so be aware by reading labels. I used to drink diet fizzy drinks but would not go near them now because if this ingredient. I mainly drink water (filtered or bottled!) and the odd time, will have a club orange or coke, full fat as I think the sugar is less dangerous than the sugar free ones. My husband’s nanny actually had a book on Aspartame about how dangerous it is so we’ve been off it for years.

Aspartame was actually made as a chemical for other purposes but when the guy who invented it was working in his lab, he burnt his hand with some and his initial reaction was to put his hand in his mouth and thats how he discovered it was sweet. It was never originally intended to be a sugar replacement sweetener.

funny how things work out….

happymumblemum
    Participant

Yes its in loads of drinks and squashes..i try and stay away!

Hawkeye

I’m off to Aldi and Tesco shortly and I’ll be looking closely at ingredients!

I notice some things just have "artificial sweetener" listed, so I’ll have to investigate what exactly the artificial sweetener is!

CaliGal

Saccharin is in a lot of drinks/foods and is equally dangerous..look out

chewieodie
    Participant

Pls pm me the list….. tx 😉

rossylisa

could you pm me aswell with this please

Hawkeye

There were plenty of things with it listed during shopping so I made a few changes. Then I got out to the car and sure enough it was also in the chewing gum! Time to change that brand as well! 😆

I’ve PM’d the mail Lisa and Chewie!

munchin
    Participant

could i get that mail please Thanks.
    my sisters both drink diet drinks – must pass on this info to them aswell

Taylor5

I drink a water from Aldi and its in that too…. i have been getting test done as my energy levels are so low, maybe a change in the diet is called for

misemammy3

Will you please PM me the list too – thanks a mill

twink
    Participant

I drink at least one 500 ml bottle of Diet Coke per day- but I’ll have to rethink it now!!!!

Sexylady

Hi

Will you please PM me the list as someone xlose to me has put on alot of weight and eats suposely as healthy as ever but uses sugar free products

Thank you

Love and Light

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.