Kids will be Kids

Home Forums Louth Chat Kids will be Kids

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Martina
    Participant

No matter what age. DD2 aged 3 has just started playschool and I have various pages scrawled with orangey brown paint stuck to the fridge where she’s proudly showing off her last five days work.

DD1 started Transition Year today and they get to do practical subjects that they haven’t done before up to Junior Cert, so she just had her first Art Class ever….. you’ll never guess what she’s gone and done, stuck her drawing of a witch up on the fridge with mighty midgets paint splatters.

Now some teenagers would be too cool for that craic, but thank God it looks like she hasn’t grown up on me, just yet!

Fabienne

🙂 🙂

Jedt
    Keymaster

Enjoy it while it lasts Sparklycake!!!

Taylor5

Ah how nice xxxxx

happymumblemum
    Participant

Ah that made me smile..( takes a lot lol) kids grow up so quickly its terrible… as a teenager I was very baby ish and still played with dolls at 13 and games etc..you are soo young still at that age and the pressure to grow up quickly is immense

scole1

ah that’s nice to hear….kids really will be kids….and nice to see that element in the older age group rather than totally grown up….

Taylor5

When you think of that poor 12 year old girl found dead, the priest said she wanted to be older then her years and this left her at risk of dangers

Martina
    Participant

You know that was the first story on the news the day we came home from our holidays and its so sad.

But I can’t understand why a 12 year old was allowed out till midnight in the first place, never mind allowed go back out by herself.

Taylor5

I know its very sad, i would have been in and kept in at 9pm at that age, regardless of who was out playing!!!

She was very grown up looking for 12, there is two families ruined by this, terrible for the boys family too…… I sure which ever parent allowed her back out "for 5 mins" will live with that and regret for the rest of their lives
    Maybe its a lesson to us all about the dangers out there and make kids be and stay kids for as long as we can, may she rest in peace the poor child

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.