Kids weight article – need help with research

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Kids weight article – need help with research

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

I do think these Kid Fat Camps are very very wrong, what effect will this have on young kids in later life?

CaliGal

What do you do Starve a child? Or just let it sort itself out in later years…. its a tough one. Kids today do get a hell of a lot more treats then we did in our day

It’s such a double edged sword because we are born with a determined number of fat cells. Once these fat cells expand, they are like a hungry balloons, always trying to be filled up for the rest of your life.

It’s such a fine line as you certainly don’t want to give these children a complex about weight.

Having seen most of the kids we have on this group, don’t think any of us are to be questioned. Having said that, I think the people we should be concerned about are kids who are clearly grossly overweight and a majority of the time when you look at the example in the home they are getting, it’s clear they are continuing the eating habits of the parents.

Taylor5

I agree Caligal, but i also thing that the BMI levels and charts are wrong…… did my kids weights on the chart last night both are 98thcentile but not an oz of fat on them!!!! I think sometimes we have to look past charts.

Just a thought as kids when we lived close to school we walked, you came home from school and winter and summer you got changed, did your homework and out on the street with your bikes, spacehoppers, hopscotch etc… we were always on the go! No kids TV, well if you count Bosco, not worth sitting in for 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.