kids throwing snowballs at cars…

Home Forums Louth Chat kids throwing snowballs at cars…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

taxis wont go near my friends estate there putting rocks in them and throwing she had to hog a her shopping for the bottom of the street to the the top its unreal :evil:

Anonymous
    Inactive

On a bit of a rant but so angry over this. You come to the top of the hill, just starting to go down and then your car is pelted, and I mean pelted, with rock hard snowballs from kids (and not little kids by any means). I know kids have their fun but this is no joke. Driving in very bad conditions, with no grit on roads is bad enough but this makes it so much more dangerous. I got a fright when I heard the bangs on the car again,but someone else could swerve with fright, skid etc. Its just not funny. Parents of kids who are hanging out anywhere in towns and villages please please tell your kids it no joke to pelt cars with snowballs as it can distract the driver enough to loose control. I know someone who had €400 damage done with a snowball but they are rock hard and thrown with some force.

travelgirl

totally agree with u on this one, sooo dangerous. roads are bad enough without having something thrown at u that u are not expecting! happened to me, thankfully i was driving slow around a corner but frightened the life out of me….got around the corner and stopped the car, opened the door and looked around, they were only young kids (about 6 or 7) and they ran…this was mid-week (a school night) and 10.30 pm…should they not be in bed?????????
    heard in balbriggan a load of kids threw snowballs at an elderly lady driving her car and caused her to crash into a creche…during the day…imagine if the kids were outside……….

Taylor5

i know i was hit with an iceball at Beaubec at the Blackbull on Dublin road, the lads are up the lane into the estate, be warned…. i was cleaning the window yesterday and noticed a huge chip in my windscreen, i dont rememeber hearing a stone hit so it must have been the ice ball….. little feckers!!!
    I seen it coming so was ready for the impact, but if you were a learner or older driver jesus you’d have a stroke!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maddening thing is the gardai dont take it seriously and wont do anything even when damage done to a car. Think they see it as kids having fun????? until the accident happens….then what.

Taylor5

Very true! You would really have to see who threw it, by the time the garda got up they would be long gone!

scole1

i blame the parents…

honest i do…i asked the lads in our estate not to throw balls, then a few mins later i car skidded, they soon bloody listened….frightened them to death and realised that someone could have been hurt…since then no snowballs been chucked…but think their parents should sit them down and explain why not to throw snowballs at cars…fun but very very dangerous

Taylor5

i seen a neighbours child grabbing the rear bumper of another neighbours car to get a scoot around the corner!!!! I know we did thinks like that, but we also went in cars with no belts or childseats…. he is tiny and could have been run over!!!

Daisy37

This just happened us on our way home from the shops, on a bend in the road, which is covered in snow and ice. So so dangerous!!

My husband actually stopped the car and went to get out and confront them but they ran off. They scared the life out of me and the kids. Thankfully my husband is quite calm and he handled it well but honestly, if i had been driving I may have swerved with the impact of the snowballs they threw. They were very aggressive.

There were two teenage girls walking on the footpath right beside where we were driving, so who knows what might have happened, one of them could have been knocked down if the car had swerved.

It was a bunch of lads, who looked to be in their early – mid teens and they are in the woods on the narroways road, across from woodlawn.

As soon as I got home I called the Gardai and they said they would send a car round. These kids need to understand they could kill someone with their silly antics.

I hope the Gardai catch then and bring them home to their parents – and more importantly, I hope their parents care enough to reprimand them for it.

Taylor5

They are kids and you kinda expect them to go on like that… my dh and kids were out clearing the garden. A neighbour couldnt get his car up the hill, so instead of driving around the cresent, HE DROVE HIS CAR DOWN THE GRASS BANK ACROSS FROM MY HOUSE!!!!
    He nearly ended up in our garden, my 2 year old was out there, dh was clearing the snow came in in shock at how stupid it was!!
    He had his 3 year old standing on the front seat at the time and all the bigger kids were running around his car….. how someone wasnt killed i will never know.

He was lucky i had no shoes on, iwould have smacked him with the shovel for putting my kids in danger while they were standing in their own drive……. im sick just thinking what could have happened. 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 Ring the Garda, im not joking i want to ring his beep beep neck!!!

Daisy37

our 7 year old said ‘mammy that is so dangerous’….if a 7 year old knows its wrong, then a 13 year old definitely knows its wrong. kids having snowball fights ok, kids flinging snowballs at cars, not ok!! hope the Gardai got them and frightened the life out of them

beams

my sister in laws back window of the car was broken by someone throwing a snowball as she was leaving Drumcondra in Dublin on Saturday afternoon 🙄

Taylor5

little feckers…. seen the little fellas on the road throw chunks of ice at the little girls walking past, a neighbour let a roar at them… if you got an iceball in the face, you could break a nose or lose an eye!!!
    Parents need to have a talk with their kids

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.