kids teeth?

Home Forums National Chat kids teeth?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

just want to ask what age do kids lose their milk teeth?
    Ds is only just gone 5 and his bottom teeth are falling out, i think this is very young!!!
    What age did your kids teeth fall out at? Is 5 young, should i be worried?
    Also what is the going rate for the tooth fairy? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jedt
    Keymaster

My son was 6 when he lost his 1st tooth and my daughter was 5. Depends on the kid I guess.

We give 2 euro per tooth. One week they both lost teeth so the tooth fairy was very busy and we were out 6 euro (glad we made it 2 euro, otherwise we would be broke with them!!)

Maria30

Tooth fairy normally leaves about 1.50 or 2 euro in small change, that way lo thinks they have got loads 🙂

trixiebell
    Participant

DS was 6 nearly 7 when he lost his first tooth!
    The tooth fairy has left him €5 but think it will be cut down as they are all getting wobbly now lol 😆 :lol:

Sinprey

ds was just b4 5yr. left 1euro then on the next few teeth rate went up to 2euro 😕 :the norm is anytime from age 4 to age 7,actually my nephew was 8and half now i think about it.i hate when they wobbling the tooth and it hanging by a thread 🙄 gives me the shivers

Ds1 lost one just before school started and 2 are loose – he was 5 in May
    Earlier than dd but he got teeth very early (3 teeth at 12wks)

in our house tooth fairy only leaves coins – €1 or €2 coins but I know some that give €20!!!!

beams

Sorry to hijack your thread Taylor but where do you bring your kids to the dentist??? 😕 Just wondering as i need to start thinking of bringing my two soon 😯

scole1

i know a little girl that was in my ds1 montessori class last year lost a front bottom tooth, but seems to be the norm from about 4 years…i thought was about 7…but then again suppose when they got them, my ds2 is 15 months and only has 6 teeth, only sprouted them 2 weeks before he was 12months

trixiebell
    Participant

Scole my wee woman is still toothless lol!! 😆 😆

Taylor5

Trixie did she not get a tooth yet? 😆 😆 😆

Scole i thought the same, i thought about 7! I was praying they would hang in until he started school, he looks very strange even though the teeth havent fallen out yet, they are only hanging in there and they are sideways now!!! yuck!

Beams, kids dont get to see the public clinic dentist until they start school, but you could bring them private and pay 50 or 60 euro, but tbh you would be throwing money donw the drain!! If they have an okay diet and avoid sugar drinks from bottles etc and a good brushing routine, their is not real need to see the dentist.
    Ds2 has been to the dentist 3 or 4 times, but this is due to the early intervention, he was there only about 3 months ago and not due back for 12 months, the dentist told me at 1 year old to just do the front teeth for about 5 seconds is enought and no tooth paste is needed (this is to start the routine, i was stressing ds out to do the back teeth)
    Feeling better now regarding the teeth, thought ds was a freak! 😆 😆 😆

yummymummy

ds was a late starter according to the dentist when he was in 1st class, only had 2 new teeth at top and still had milk at the bottom, he was 7.

All depends on the child really dont it.

I dont like the haymarket clinic at all and after that visit in 1st class Ive gone private and paid 25e for them to be checked and cleaned up.

hjs

i reckon anywhere a year or so either side of 5 is "normal" for losing milk teeth IME.

It’s no of teeth lost = no of coins left by tooth fairy in our house, ie when it was tooth 1 she got 1 2euro coin, 2nd tooth, 2 50c coins so on etc, u can work it u advantage that way and believe me rthe child will keep track of it!

yummymummy

I shall hang my head in shame and say that the tooth fairy brought "paper" money for the first 2….10e and 5 e and the rest were 2e.

But he my one and only so feck it hahahaha.

Yvonne

E lost her first tooth earlier this year, she was 5, but it was loose for AGES before it eventually came out! She lost her third one the other week… she for €5 per tooth so far… was only meant to get a coin for her third and so on, but she was staying in her Nana’s house for that one so she got paper from them! 😀

As for the dentist, I think it is better to bring them sooner rather than later, definitely don’t see it as been a waste of money! I have a fear of going to the dentist, and didn’t want DD is be the same so brought her along to my check ups to get her used to it all. E started going herself late last year as I was concerned about one of her back teeth… so keeping an eye.. have to pay €30 per visit, and one time he didn’t charge us!

Taylor5

ds is starting to wiggle his teeth, they are hanging out 😯 I cant look at it and he thinks its very very funny, boys will be boys 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.