KIDS LUNCHES

Home Forums National Chat KIDS LUNCHES

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    noeleenw

just wondering what do you give your kids for their lunch our school is bringing in a healthy eating policy but they are also trying to get rid of the school milk :twisted: :twisted: we also are allowed to get hot lunches sent up to school from the local shop on a friday as a treat …

scole1

some schools do the lunch service, i know donacarney do it….my little cousin goes to laytown and they have the i think it’s called the food dudes or something they have a poster they have to go by, and stickers if they’ve had fruit etc etc…

i know in playschools etc they’re trying to encourage healthy eating and actually in my ds playschool the supply their little break….they have different things each day but may give youan idea….it’s real hard though milk in a beaker, goes stale and icky, shame they’re stopping that in your school….

ok they have fruit and yoghurts, my friend gives her kids the tubes she said they kinda stay ok, she wraps them in foil to keep cool…
    pancakes, water /milk, crackers and cheese, pasta

you could try doing little wraps with chicken or ham, a little tub with fruit, or if they like cold pasta a little tub…..they are not allowed biscuits bars etc.

best of luck

noeleenw

we have a new principal and new carpets no yoghurts allowed !!! no chocolate or biscuits i think the food dudes has been stopped in the recession thanks for the ideas

super minder

raision and slices fruit or veg.
    tuck crackers with cheese.
    blocks of cheese
    bread sticks
    breakfast bars
    grapes are great.

hope this helps

yummymummy

god i dont think i know of any schols in drogheda that do hot meals.

been doing cold lunches for years

wrap with mayo and chicken, ham sandwich, cheese sandwich, pitta
    apple, banana, grapes

plain biccies (sometimes choccie one although these are not allowed, neither is lunchables or yougurts)

crackers, sliced cheese, bread sticks, rice krispie bar

the list is really endless even with the restrictions.

happymumblemum
    Participant

On this subject my d teacher said she could bring in a little flask with soup…has any one seen a little flask suitable for kids???

Another idea is a shelled hard boiled egg my dd loves this in her pack up..

Also they are allowed small bag of home made popcorn.

Ceral bars are not allowed.

Calvita cheese is good for pack ups too, it comes in little individual packets.

Bread stick and little pot of houmous

yummymummy

they have little flasks in heatons and woodies seen them the other day hmm.

boiled egg, jaysus if i gave that to j i know where it would end up hahaha.

sometimes i dont get the healthy eating brigade in school as if the boys are good in school etc they get sweets!!!!!!!!!! come on now!!!

happymumblemum
    Participant

Are they for kids? Must have a look, I never saw them even though I have been there looking?

Yvonne

Soup is a good idea, not sure how E would take to it though! I’m always looking for ideas, as I feel I am giving her the same stuff all the time.
    She likes slices of cucumber and celery, wonder what she would say if I put an egg in her lunchbox!

yummymummy

they wouldnt be kiddie as such hmm as in not hsm or bob the builder but they would do the trick, j got one in disneyland, its a cup with handle and the lid turns and has little gap to take a drink and its stainless steel inside….not really describing it great but thats what they have in heatons.

happymumblemum
    Participant

Tell her D has them! I put in little buttered soldiers too ( even though the egg is not runny)

yummymummy

but sure werent we the same at school, tuna sandwiches all the way now i cant eat one now, not unless its a tuna melt.

Yvonne

Thats true!

munchin
    Participant

ours was cheese or that billy roll which i hate now

yummymummy

aw the good old processed billy roll, you couldnt go wrong with it hahaha

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.